97.

The tap continued to run, buzzing Lynne out of her thoughts. She looked down at the twins who sat in their bath seats, while Lillia was sitting behind them. With a sigh, she stepped forward and shut off the tap of the bathtub. Kneeling down in front of the tub, she watched as Lillia splashed around with her toys, facing the opposite direction of the twins.

The fight that she and Happy had a few nights ago, continued to run through her mind.

As she gently began to wash the five month old twins, she sighed again.

A knock on the door pulled her out of her thoughts.

She glanced over as the door creaked open, revealing both a somber looking Megan and Juice, an anxious look on her face.

Lynne tucked her hair behind her ears and looked over at her two best friends, who stepped into the bathroom. Juice, leaned against the counter, fidgeting with the bracelet Lillia had "made him" at daycare, assuming she had lots of help from a teacher. Megan, on the other hand, leaned down next to Lynne, wrapping her arm around her.

"Have you thought about anything?" Megan spoke softly, in a manor that would not set off her best friend.

Lynne gave a half nod, looking back over at the twins who had recently discovered their legs an the power of splashing. Wiping off her now wet face, she smiled solemnly as the twins giggled and smiled, content with their work.

"Do you plan on leaving him?" Juice's turn to ask questions.

Lynne sighed, "I don't know." She breathed out, "Part of me is so disgusted with what happened, but he doesn't treat me bad... he's perfect beyond this fight that carried over into three or four days."

Megan sighed, "Do what's best for you." She advised, "If you aren't happy, the kids won't be happy."

Juice nodded in agreement to what Megan said. He let the bracelet rest on his wrist and watched the scene in front of him. He knew that anybody would be lucky to be with his best friend, no matter how difficult she could be. She was a good woman, with a huge heart.

"I know," She stated softly, finishing up rinsing off the twins. "I just don't want to do this alone."

"You're not alone, Ly, you have me." Juice cleared his throat, "You have us, you're never alone."

"And one, or...two failed relationships," She added, "I almost feel unlovable - I don't want the kids to feel or see that either. They deserve someone who can love them besides me."

"You're right they do," Megan sighed, "But whatever is meant to be will be. You love enough for two parents."

"Have you talked to Happy at all?" Juice spoke up, "I think you guys need to sit down - no kids, no distractions."

"How could I? He's been avoiding me." Lynne spoke, "If he comes home at all, he sleeps on the couch or isolates himself in our room - I've been sleeping in the nursery."

Juice sighed, "Maybe it's time for a sleepover with Uncle Juice for a few days." He spoke up, looking at the three children in the bath. "I'm sure they won't object."

"I don't think I can be without them for that long," Lynne sighed, "They're my source of strength, happiness...My life has been changed by these kids forever."

Megan smiled, "And that's what makes you a good mother."

"Maybe." Lynne managed a small smile back, grabbing the two matching towels for the twins. Effortlessly, she lifted the two out and into her arms, wrapping them up in their animal towels with hoods.

Ayla looked up at her mother, then over at her brother. With a giggle, she kicked her feet, then noticed Juice behind the three. With a huge smile, she started to thrash around and giggle.

Juice stepped forward, making faces at the twin, a smile forming on his lips. Swooping up the baby, he held her close to his chest and looked down at her as she snuggled into him.

Lynne grinned at the two, working on drying off Emery before he became fussy. After setting him down on the bath mat, she checked on Lillia who continued to splash around in the tub. She smiled and quickly applied lotion and diapered up Emery, then dressed him in pajamas. She looked over at Juice, who had been finishing up doing the same with Ayla.

"Lil, it's time to get out, okay?" Lynne spoke gently, "It's almost time for bed."

Lillia put down her toys with a huff and reached her arms out to her mother, who quickly helped her out and wrapped her in a towel. The toddler sat in front of her mother as she attempted to rub in the lotion that her mother applied to her skin, one handed.

"Mama," She spoke, "Help." She said as she held out her pajamas.

Lynne nodded and passed off Emery to Megan, who began to fuss as it was getting closer to feeding time. Lynne slipped a pull up over her toddler's feet, as well as he legs. She watched as Lillia began to pull them up. With one swift motion, Lynne got the shirt over her daughter's head and arms. She watched as her daughter pulled down her shirt and rushed out of the room, to her bedroom.

Lynne pulled the drain plug, watching as the water began to drain out of the tub. Shrugging off the seats, she stood up and turned around taking the twins from her best friend's to feed them and then put them to bed.