38. New Years

Lynne adjusted Thomas in her arms and slowly pulled the bottle out of his mouth as he drifted off to sleep. She looked over and watched as the sunrise took center sky, then looked down at Abel, who was still passed out, lightly snoring in front of the window. Lynne glanced over at Juice, before slowly slipping out of bed, then setting Thomas in his makeshift bed for the next day or so.

Lynne quickly walked over to the dresser and grabbed herself an outfit, one for the party later and one for now. She set the party outfit on the dresser, then took the blue skinny jeans, black tank top and the cream cardigan with her to the bathroom. She quickly started the shower and got in, rinsing off her body and washing her hair.

Once she was done, she got out, dried off and got herself dressed. Skipping the makeup for now, she collected her pajamas and headed back into the room, slipping them in her bag. She pulled an outfit out for each of the boys, set them on the dresser, then walked over to the bedside table, grabbing the bottle and heading downstairs.

Lynne walked into the kitchen and spotted her father at the table, scrolling on his laptop and drinking his first morning coffee. "Morning, dad." She smiled and quickly rinsed the bottle out and set it aside to dry.

"Good morning, sweetheart." He smiled back as she took a seat next to him, after pouring herself a coffee as well. "How did you sleep?"

"I slept pretty good," She smiled and took a sip of the coffee she had just made. "Juice and the boys are still sleeping." She looked down at her phone as it rung and she looked over at her father, "Jax is calling," she said and quickly picked it up, setting her phone to her ear. "Good morning, babe." She spoke, "How'd you sleep?"

"Rough night." Jax responded, "how are my boys?"

"They're good." Lynne cleared her throat, "Still sleeping, I'll have Abel call later tonight."

"Sounds good." Jax responded and she could hear the smile in his voice, "How's my beautiful girlfriend and our growing baby?"

"We're both really good, little one is a little cranky today and hungry for some watermelon." Lynne giggled and leaned back in the chair after taking another sip of her coffee. "Watermelon and cesar salad dressing."

As Jax gagged on the other side of the phone, Lynne laughed. "Well, I'll try to call you before the ball drops and I'll call tonight to talk to Abel."

"Okay." Lynne smiled and ran a hand through her wet hair, "Sounds good to me."

"love you," Jax responded.

"I love you too, bye babe, be safe." Lynne spoke and hung up, setting her phone down on the table.

"Watermelon and Cesar dressing?" Her dad asked, making a disgusted face at his daughter. "I guess pregnancy cravings are no joke."

Lynne laughed softly and looked over towards the stairs as she heard soft footfalls. "Good morning, sunshine!" She teased her best friend, who just flipped her off and rubbed his eyes. "We're going out to breakfast once the boys wake up." She spoke and got up, grabbing him a cup of coffee. Once she made it how he liked it, she passed it over to him as he sat at the table across from her. Lynne settled back down and smiled back at her friend.

"Are we going to Bea Bea's?" Lynne asked her dad, who nodded and closed his laptop.

Lynne grinned and heard faint crying, then she stood up. She finished off her coffee and set it in the sink, before looking back at Juice. "Can you prepare a bottle for me?" She asked as she walked towards the stairs. Met with a thumbs up, she giggled and quickly rushed up the stairs and into the bedroom.