69. Promise

Lynne shot up in bed, her body tense and tears pouring down her face. She looked over to the side of the bed and noticed it was empty with no sign of Jax. With a shaky breath, she swung her legs over the side of the bed and begun to stand up. Sobbing, she wiped her face and tried to ignore the nightmare that kept flashing in her mind. She stepped out of the bedroom after checking the time on her phone; it read three thirty three AM. Walking down the cold hallway, she wiped her eyes once again and noticed that the kitchen lights were on. Lynne walked into the bright kitchen after wrapping her arms around herself and noticed Jax sitting against the counter, holding Lillia in his arms. 

"Hey darlin'," He spoke up as he saw her step in the kitchen out of the corner of his eyes.  Once he truly looked up, he noticed how distraught she was. "Hey, darlin', what's wrong?" He asked, adjusting Lillia so her head was resting on his shoulder. He extended his arm to Lynne, who gladly took it and crashed into his chest. "Why are you cryin', baby?" He asked.

Once Lynne was able to calm herself down, she spoke, "I had a bad dream." She wrapped her arm around Jax's lower back and pressed her head against his chest. "It scared me when you weren't there." She stated. 

"I'm sorry," Jax spoke, "Lillia spiked a fever and was crying - I didn't want to wake you." He spoke softly as he begun to rub Lynne's back in an attempt to soothe her. "Let's go back to bed." He said.

Lynne nodded, "Let's bring her cot in," She said softly and watched as Jax nodded and pulled away. She sniffled and wiped her eyes and then took Lillia from Jax, watching as he stepped into the living room to grab her cot. Lynne rocked their daughter as she walked down the hallway and back to the bedroom, slipping into the bed. She pulled the blanket over her legs and set Lillia on top as she waited for Jax. 

Lynne looked down at Lillia as she slept peacefully. 

Once Jax stepped in the room, she looked up and set Lillia in the cot after he set it down at the bedside. She pulled the light blanket over her daughter's belly then waited for Jax to get into bed before she turned off the bedside lamp. 

"What was your dream about?" Jax asked as he laid down next to his girlfriend, pulling the blanket over the two of them. 

"That guy," She spoke, "He went after you but couldn't get to you. He got - He killed Clay and then came after me and out baby girl while we were at her doctors appointment. He - shot up the doctors office and hit me while I was holding the baby... He just barely missed her,"

"Darlin', I know it felt real but it was just a dream," Jax spoke, his blue eyes darkening. "I promise.. Nothing will happen to you or our kids."

"I hope not," She whispered, looking up into Jax's eyes.

"I promise."