32. Impressionable Ears

Lynne watched as Abel buckled himself in his car seat, then closed the door. She rummaged through her purse and pulled the keys back out, opening the front drivers side to start up the car. She listened to it run with a smile, then looked up as she heard heels click on the concrete.

"What do you want?" Lynne groaned and closed the car door. "Do you not listen? You should be on a plane right now, don't underestimate me."

"I'm just here to warn you." Tara spoke with a sickly sweet smile, her eyes almost glimmering as she spoke. "You're going to lose him to a younger girl.. Right after you give birth. The love will start to fade and maybe you'll find him cheating in your own home."

"Whatever, Tara." Lynne scoffed, "I'll let you think that if it'll help you sleep at night." She smiled back, "Now, run along, leave me and my boys alone." With a smirk, Lynne stood up straighter and off of the car she had just leaned on. "You surely don't want to fight me in front of two little boys.. Impressionable ears and eyes." She winked. "Plus, I know you're afraid that I'd beat your ass."

Tara just laughed softly and stepped closer to Lynne, "You're lucky that you're pregnant.. I would have stabbed you already." She stepped away and started walking to her car, with a smile.

"I wish you luck," Lynne called after the brunette doctor, then opened her car door. "You won't get anywhere by being a stuck up bitch!" She laughed as Tara flipped her the finger, then got into her SUV. Lynne slipped into her car and closed the door, then cracked the back window for the kids while she waited for Jax to return.

...

With a heavy sigh, Lynne adjusted the laundry bucket on her hip as she walked towards the bedroom. She set it down on the bed and immediately pulled out Abel's clothes and folded them, followed by Thomas' and then hers and Jax's clothes. Within a few minutes, she finished and grabbed the boys' piles of clothes and quickly put them away in their rooms. She rushed back to the bedroom as she heard Thomas start to whine from the living room. She picked up the basket and tossed it into the laundry room as she walked by, then lifted him out of the swing he was set in to nap.

"Tommy boy, what's wrong?" She asked softly, looking down at the infant attentively. She gently rocked him and looked out the back sliders, watching Jax chase Abel around with the hose. WIth a giggle, she grinned and then adjusted Tommy in her arms, so he could look out the window. "Did you just want to be held?" She asked softly and listened as his cries softened and he babbled as he looked outdoors.

Lynne grabbed a sunhat for Thomas from the table and put it on, then opened the slider and stepped outside, closing the door behind her. "What are you two doing?" She spoke up and approached the two, who grinned at her sheepishly. "You know.. We have water guns for a reason, babe." She teased, then looked over at Abel who peeled his soaked shirt off. She looked back at Jax, then gave him a wide smile. "Babe?"

"Yes, darlin'?" Jax spoke and set the hose down, heading over to shut it off.

"Do you mind going grocery shopping for me?" She asked with a grin, "So I can finish cleaning the house."

With a groan and a sigh, Jax nodded.

"I'll even make you a list," Lynne added with a wink and adjusted Thomas' hat, after noticing it was starting to fall off.

"Okay," Jax nodded, "I'll take the boys so you won't be distracted."

"Sounds like a plan," Lynne smiled and passed Jax Thomas, then pecked his lips, pulling away after a few seconds. "Thank you!" She called as she headed back towards the house.