53. Ideas

Now that Abel had turned four, Lynne had registered him in kindergarten. His schedule was for the week days, eight thirty five in the morning to two thirty in the afternoon. While he was in kindergarten, they taught him thirty minutes of each subject; math, science, English and history and he had two recesses, story time, show and tell, lunch and snack, as well as play time.

While he was away, Lynne would work on unpacking their things and continue setting up the house. With just her now eleven month old son, she could complete more tasks as he was starting to become independent with supervision. Most of the time, he would be in his play area, if he wasn't napping - due to teething.

Currently, Lynne was scrolling on her laptop, deciding on color themes for the house. With her notepad in hand, she jotted down ideas for each room.

While most of the house walls were already painted, she did want to switch some rooms up and personalize it to what she liked.

Currently, she liked the kitchen the way it was. The walls were the color 'eggshell', the cabinets were 'daisy white', the appliances were stainless steel, counters were an 'ashy' granite. The floors were dark wood. The only plans she had for the kitchen was to add more pops of color.

Lynne read over the list that she had made and opened her laptop, which had been sitting in front of her and pulled up inspiration for each room.

Kitchen - get bright barstools, add in more color.
Dining room - tan walls, white furniture. Keep floor.
Living room - white walls, dark grey couch. Pop of color - rug, throw blankets, pillows etc.
Office - dark oak furniture, dark blue accent wall. Other walls light blue/gray.
Our bedroom - light grey walls, same floor, white furniture, black accents
Our bathroom - keep the same
Abel & Thomas' room - woodlands themed room
Guest room -
Playroom - bright and colorful
Nursery - neutral colors

With a grin on her face, she happily started online shopping. As Thomas began to cry, she finished up her task, then closed the lap top.

"What is it, Tommy boy?" She asked as she stood up and approached him. She knelt down in front of him and watched as he wiped his eyes and opened his arms.

"Mama," He spoke and started to grin.

"Oh, you. You're such a little troll." She teased her son and picked him up. "You just wanted my attention, huh?" With a smile, she poked and tickled at her son's sides. "I was right across from you, goofy boy."

"Mama," Thomas uttered again.

"Mama is right here." Lynne affirmed and kissed her son's head. "I think it's time for a nap." She said softly as she noticed the time, and when Thomas rubbed at his eyes.

Lynne adjusted Thomas on her hip, then started walking towards the stairs. With a soft smile, she reached the wood stairs and stepped up, then reaching the long hallway. She walked to the end of the hallway and pushed open the last door, which was Thomas' current room. 

Lynne reached the rocking chair and sat herself down, after pulling the cream blanket off the back of the chair. She adjusted the blanket over herself and Thomas, then slowly began to rock hi to sleep as she sang to him.

Nothing could be any better than this.