55. First words

With a hand rested on her hump, Lynne smiled as the baby kicked and watched as Jax and Abel played. Her boyfriend threw their child in the air, grinning as he laughed and yelped out, "Again! Again!"

"Okay, one last time." Jax would keep saying.

With a smile, Lynne looks down at Thomas, who gurgled and continued to play with his toys. The eleven month old was sat up straight; facing her. Lynne leaned down and kissed his head, smiling. As he reached up and grabbed onto her face, Lynne scooped him up in her arms and pressed multiple kisses to his face, taking in all of his giggles.

Lynne looked up and noticed that Jax had sat across from them, after setting Abel down to play with his toys.

"Hi, handsome." Lynne smiled happily and glanced into her boyfriend's bright blue eyes.

"Hey, darlin'." He spoke and leaned across the table, pressing a quick kiss to her lips.

As she pulled away, she handed their youngest son over to him and smiled happily. "Abel missed you." She cleared her throat, resting her hand on her rounded belly. "So did I."

"Oh, but Thomas hasn't?" He teased as he hugged his nearly one year old son and kissed his head.

"Nope." Lynne teased back, "And neither did baby," with a smile, she looked over at Abel.

Jax simply shook his head and chuckled, "Pending release date is next month." His face fell.

Lynne's eyebrows raised and her eyes widened. "I'll already be giving birth." She spoke, adjusting herself in the uncomfortable metal chair.

"I know, baby, I'm trying here." Jax sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "All the cards are stacked against us in this situation."

"Clearly." She huffed.

With an eye roll, Jax spoke. "Do you really think I'd want to miss our baby's birth?" He asked, looking over at Abel, who had stood up and walked over to his parents with his book.

Lynne thought for a minute before settling down. "No, I'm sorry." She spoke softly and looked over at Thomas, as he gurgled.

"D-Da."

Lynne was stunned.

"D-Da."

Jax's eyes widened but surely, a smile formed on his face. "Say it again, bud."

"D-Da!" Thomas cheered, clapping his hands as he looked up at Jax.

"Oh my god," Lynne gasped and grinned widely, "I wish I got that on video! That was his first word!"

"Good job, Thomas." Jax praised his son, then watched as he continued to play with one of the toys he held.

Lynne looked over and noticed a tired Abel and she lifted him up into her lap. She ran her hand through his hair comfortably and kissed his cheek, "We're going soon, my love." She spoke softly. "About five minutes."

"Okay, mama." Abel spoke softly and rested his head on her chest, closing his eyes.

"You can go now." Jax nodded, "You all look exhausted and it's a long ride home."

"Are you sure?" Lynne spoke softly as she looked up at Jax, who just nodded. "Okay, then we'll get going." She said and yawned, shaking Abel ever so slightly until he opened his eyes. "We're leaving now, bud. You need to walk." She cleared her throat and set him down on the ground, looking down at him as he stood up. "Say goodbye to daddy."

"Bye daddy," Abel spoke, hugging his father, who stood up from the chair, holding his brother in his free arm.

"Bye buddy, I love you." Jax cleared his throat, hugging his eldest son with his free arm, "Behave yourself for mom."

"I will." He spoke quietly and yawned as he pulled away, packing up his toys and putting them in his bag. He swung the bag over his back while Jax and Lynne said their goodbyes.

Within a few minutes, Lynne was walking out of the prison with both of her children.