31. Breakfast

"It's nobody, baby."

The words rung in the air and nothing else was said until breakfast came.

Lynne sighed and closed her eyes, smiling when she felt Jax's hand on top of her own. She slowly opened her eye as she heard the clinking of the plates and slowly pulled her hand from Jax's grasp, as the waitress stood at the end of the table with their orders.

"For the little boy," She spoke and passed the plate to Jax, who set it in front of his son. She passed out the drinks, then set Jax's plate in front of him, followed by Lynne's as well. "Do you need anything else?"

"No thank you!" Lynne spoke and smiled at the waitress, then turned her attention back to her family as she walked away. She watched as Jax reached over and cut up Abel's food, a smile forming on her face.

Before cutting up her crepe, Lynne looked over at Thomas and double checked that he was sleeping. She smiled and dipped her crepe into some syrup, then ate it. Lynne looked over at Jax, who had started to eat, then Abel who was just about done with his plate already. As she continued to eat, she looked over at Tara's table and noticed the lawyer seated across from her.

"If she tries to take these kids away from us..." Lynne trailed off and made eye contact with Jax.

"She won't." He assured his girlfriend, then took a bite of his french toast. "She's only proved that she's unfit to be a mother by leaving."

Lynne nodded and took a sip of her drink, sighing. "So you're going to be gone for New Years?" She asked slowly, remembering that he mentioned he had a trip coming up.

Jax nodded and then spoke up, "I should be back the next day."

Lynne sighed and took another sip of her drink, "Okay." She nodded, "We'll go to your mom's or something. Maybe uncle Juice will come hang out," she looked over at Abel, who grinned and nodded happily. "Looks like Abel wants uncle Juice."

Jax chuckled and leaned over, kissing Abel's head before continuing to eat his breakfast. He glanced over his shoulder at Tara, who was glaring right back. Once he noticed her lawyer was gone, he cleared his throat. "I'll be right back, babe."

"What are you going to do, Jax?" Lynne asked as she watched his eyes flick towards Tara once more.

"Nothing." He smirked and stood up, walking over to Tara's table.

Lynne sighed and looked over at Abel, who continued to shovel his meal into his mouth, then glanced down at Thomas, then over to Jax and Tara. Her blood boiled as she watched the doctor reach for Jax's hand. As Jax snatched his hand away, a smirk formed on Lynne's face. She watched the two, as they engaged in conversation and Lynne noticed the look of horror on Tara's face.

Lynne continued eating her breakfast and sighed softly as Thomas started to whine. She quickly lifted him into her arms and rocked him slowly, then watched as Tara scrambled to grab her things and rushed out of the resturant, without a second glance at the boys.

As Jax sat back down at their table, Lynne let out a small laugh. "What did you say to her?" She asked softly, taking a sip of her drink with her freehand.

"Dada, I'm done." Abel's voice broke into their conversation. Jax smiled at his son and took the half empty plate and set it on top of his, sliding it towards the end of the table.

"I just had a lovely conversation," Lynne could hear the sarcasm in his tone. He spoke up, "I told her that she ain't taking the kids... Over my dead body and told her to move far away or you'll kill her, in short."

Lynne cracked a smile, "Sounds about right." She finished the last few bites of her breakfast and set the plate on top of the others. As Jax flagged down their waitress, she had Abel wipe up his face and hands, then picked up Thomas, after wrapping him back in his blanket.

"We're all set," Jax spoke to the waitress, giving her his signature smile.

"Good, how was everything?" The waitress smiled and passed the book over to Jax, which had the recipet in it.

"It was great," Lynne smiled and patted Thomas' back gently as he started to wake. "Babe, I'm going to take the kids and head to the car." She said softly and slipped out of the booth, then reached out for Abel's hand after he climbed out from the booth behind Jax.

"I'll be out in a few minutes." Jax gave her a smile and she nodded, adjusting Thomas in her arms, before heading out of the resturant and to the car.