"Where could he have put Anna, they always go to the same places," I whisper to myself and let my hands make their way to my hair and pull it with all of the strength I have in my body.

The lake.

Anna always loves going to the lake behind her house when she's not stuck in this hell of a house, it might be bigger than mine and her family more powerful. But at least my parents are snakes that only like to see others suffer.

I might be young as they say but I know better than this.

I ran to the lake, hoping that my instincts would be wrong just this once, Francisco taught us when to know danger is close, but honestly, I have always been able to do so even before the tall man came into the picture.

Even though the little girl was a pain in the head and I didn't enjoy her company all that much but she was still really precious, not only to her family.

But I kind of liked having her around.

I keep running, to the point where I can't feel my legs, but they keep moving and I don't bother wondering how I still haven't fallen down.

And then I see them

Anna is in Atlas' arms as he walks deep into the lake, the water is just about to hit his chest as it is already halfway through her short neck.

I stop in my tracks, finally realizing the distance that I had just run, but I don't let that stop me, not even when I can feel another one of my asthma attacks kicking in.

I know for sure that if I have one right now I am fucked.

I don't have my bomb with me and it is too late to turn back now.

Atlas is talking to Anna and she seems happy to be there with him, he is talking to her and making her laugh even splashing water on her from time to time.

But when I see Atlas move farther into the water, to the point where Anna has to lift her head up to not swallow the sweet water that fills the calm lake that suddenly turned so deadly.

Atlas takes another step, this time Anna's head is fully under and her little arms start gripping her murderer's hair, trying to pull herself out of the invading water.

I ran once more.

And I don't care as my throat starts closing.

I don't care as I can feel my body giving out.

I don't care about anything until I have Anna in my arms and manage to push Atlas away from her.

I don't care until I heard Anna cough as she cried softly in my arms.

I don't care until I make sure she is alright.

But then I started caring

I start caring when my vision starts turning blurry due to the lack of oxygen.