Chapter 40: Folly of Man

(DISCLAIMER: The following is a non-profit, fan based series. Monsterverse is owned by Legendary Pictures, and Attack On Titan (Shingeki No Kyojin) is owned by Hajime Isayama. Please support the original franchises.)

Gulls fly overhead as the sun shines upon a vast sea and it's pristine beach, the gentle waves cleansing the shore as crabs scuttle across the grains of sand in search of food.

Armin and Eren sit on the vast beach, feeling the sand between their toes as they feel the wind and the spray of the sea upon their faces. To Eren's right side, Godzilla lays on his stomach, bathing in the sun's rays; while on Armin's left, Kong lays on his side, resting his head in his right hand while scratching his behind with his left.

Though they had just got there, it seemed like they had been there for an eternity. How the four of them got here to this strange place considering where they had all just been... none of them knew, nor did they think to ask. All that mattered in that moment, no matter how brief it was meant to be, was simply to enjoy the serenity...for it was moments like these that made life precious.

"𝐖𝐚𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐢𝐭, 𝐄𝐫𝐞𝐧?" Godzilla asks The Founder, breaking the long silence "𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐟 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐚𝐰 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐓𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫?"

Eren looks down and away from Godzilla, unable to answer.

"And did you really have to beat me to a pulp back on Paradis?" Armin asks "Was kneeing me that important?"

"I was so desperate to push you all away..." Eren finally speaks "Even I found myself wondering what I was doing at that point, I just let the moment take over."

"I'm sorry...really." Eren finishes

"𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧' 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐌𝐢𝐤𝐚𝐬𝐚, 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐮𝐬." Kong says "𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐩 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐚 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐠𝐨𝐛 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫, 𝐄𝐫𝐞𝐧."

"Yeah...you're right." Eren replies

After another moment of silence as the waves make their way up the shore, chilling the skin of the four present, Armin finally speaks.

"It was all to push us away from you?..." Armin asks "To not get us tangled in the strings of SpaceGodzilla's schemes...to make us into the heroes who saved humanity from extinction by hunting you down?"

"That's right." Eren replies "And how could you not? You turned your backs on Paradis despite the rest of humanity calling you Island Devils and calling The Kaiju demons in which we've called on aid to. You'd probably be the most respected beings in the world."

"So you want us to be like The Tybur Family after The Great Titan War? And you planned to keep Godzilla and Kong in this world to protect the island from reprisal from humanity outside the walls?" Armin asks

"They won't be able to retaliate immediately..." Eren says "The Rumbling killed 80% of Humanity. They won't be able to wage war."

The faces of Armin, Godzilla and Kong are composed of shock upon hearing this fact from The Founder himself, regretful that they couldn't save more than they had.

"𝐃𝐢𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐟𝐚𝐫, 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝?" Godzilla asks "𝐖𝐚𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐥𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐏𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞?"