Chapter 23: Start The Rumbling

(DISCLAIMER: The following is a non profit, fan based series. Monsterverse is owned by Legendary Pictures, and Attack On Titan (Shingeki No Kyojin) is owned by Hajime Isayama. Please support the original franchises.)

The orange sky still looms over Paradis, the surviving Eldian soliders and Jaegerists begrudgingly tolerate each other's company and watch as the Wall Titan's stomp in line across the island, making their way toward Marley.

Kong and Godzilla as well as Armin, Mikasa and Jean do the same...only while doing so, the humans have some overdue questions for The King of The Monsters.

Mikasa's mind flashes back to the enraged, blazing form that Godzilla had taken, even now, the burning air can be felt upon her skin even though it had long past.

"What...was that?" Mikasa asks Godzilla

"𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧, 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝?" Godzilla replies

"That form you took." Mikasa says "The one that incinerated SpaceGodzilla as well as several titans like they were nothing..."

"𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐦𝐲𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟..." Godzilla replies "𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐠𝐨, 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬, 𝐢𝐭 𝐮𝐧𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐳𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥."

"So the chances of being able to use it again are..." Armin begins

"𝐒𝐥𝐢𝐦 𝐭𝐨 𝐧𝐨𝐧𝐞, 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝." Godzilla finishes

"We all saw Erwin fire his thunderspears into SpaceGodzilla's shoulder crystal and that monster throwing him aside as if he were garbage....does that mean he's...?" Armin asks

Godzilla looks away from the humans and flares his nostrils, when they look to Kong, he does the same with a quiver of his lip.

Jean slouches to the ground, shocked that a warrior of unparalleled morale and willpower such as Erwin could be felled.

Mikasa's face turns to that of sorrow as she looks down at the ground.

"I knew it..." Armin says in a shaking voice "I just didn't want to believe it."

"𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲, 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝." Godzilla says after a brief moment of silence

"𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐰, 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐨𝐰𝐧: 𝐁𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐚𝐬 𝐆𝐚𝐛𝐢 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐧, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐬𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐟 𝐈 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐄𝐫𝐞𝐧'𝐬 𝐯𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐨. 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫? 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐲?" Godzilla asks Armin

"Mikasa and I heard it as well as every Subject of Ymir across the world...every Eldian. Eren said he was not only going to destroy Marley and every living thing that it housed, but he wasn't going to stop until the entire world was trampled flat."

"𝐄𝐫𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐲 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐭𝐨𝐨." Kong interjects

"What?" Mikasa, Armin and Jean ask in unison

"𝐘𝐞𝐬, 𝐄𝐫𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐞𝐝 𝐮𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐒𝐩𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐆𝐨𝐝𝐳𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚'𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐯𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐱𝐞𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫...𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐢𝐭 𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐞..." The King of Kaiju says