Chapter 33: Flight

(DISCLAIMER: The following is a non profit, fan based series. Monsterverse is owned by Legendary Pictures, and Attack On Titan (Shingeki No Kyojin) is owned by Hajime Isayama. Please support the original franchises.)

"Eren..." Mikasa says "I want to shoulder your sins with you...the sins you've committed...we're guilty of them too. So please...don't push us away anymore...come back to us."

"You heard her, Eren." Levi says "Stop now and I'll only let you off with a swift kick in the ass."

A moment of silence is had before Levi, straightforward and brazen as ever, pushes the envelope once more.

"Well? Ain't it about time you said something?" Levi speaks up again

The silence continues before Armin feels a mysterious energy behind him

"Eren?" Armin calls out again as he turns, only for nothing to be there.

"𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩." Erens voice rings out around them, the voice possessing no particular source, almost as if they could all hear it within their own minds.

"𝐍𝐨𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐈 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐬 𝐈𝐬𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝'𝐬 𝐟𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞. 𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝." Eren finishes

A sense of dread washes over them all, realizing their effort to sway him was for naught

"Look" Levi says, now pointing to the great tree made of light, at it's base, stands the sillouetted figure of a child, but this child was recognized by all present

"EREN!" Mikasa cries out while she, Armin, Connie and Jean run toward the figure.

As they get closer and closer, the sillouette's features slowly reveal themselves. The figure in question is in fact none other than Eren Jaeger! But something about him is unusual.

The four see that it is in fact Eren, but the image before them is that of what he appeared to be as a child, and his eyes are unable to be seen, his sockets shrouded in darkness and a yellow crest mounted on his forehead.

"Huh? Ain't that...a kid?!" Jean asks as he continues to run with his comrades

"Yeah, but that's Eren!" Armin replies

"Why refuse us, Eren? Do you think you can't rely on us?!?" Jean yells out again

"Why did you leave us able to use titan power?" Armin asks "We can talk for as long as we want here, right? Please talk to us! Don't go any farther away!" He continues to plead

"𝐈𝐧 𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐨𝐛𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐨𝐦, 𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐨𝐦 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮." Eren's voice sounds itself once more

As Mikasa, Jean, Armin and Connie continue to run, they see three more sillouettes before them. One sits while the other two turn to look at the four.

As soon as they get closer, they slowly stop running as the identity of these particular shapes are revealed to be...Pieck, Levi and Reiner?

"𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞." Eren's voice continues

Levi, Reiner and Pieck look at Mikasa, Armin, Connie and Jean with reasonable suprise. After all, didn't they just depart from them to pursue Eren?