Chapter 31: Rolling Thunder

(DISCLAIMER: The following is a non profit, fan based series. Monsterverse is owned by Legendary Pictures, and Attack On Titan (Shingeki No Kyojin) is owned by Hajime Isayama. Please support the original franchises.)

Sometime, somewhere on Liberio, before Godzilla, Kong and the others arrived in Odiha...

The suns rays gently peek through a dense forest, inside it, two young children who wear hats similar to that of fezzes huddle by the base of a great tree. One of them digs up and uncovers a bunched up blue cloth containing a hearty sum of various coins and gems.

"Listen, Halil. Me and you are the only ones who know where this is."  the older child says to the other "I'm gonna stash money here until this sack is full, then we'll have enough for everyone to be able to live someplace thats actually nice!"

Halil, the younger boy, looks over at his friend with a worried expression

"But, Ramzi, if you keep this up...someday you'll lose you're left hand too." He says

Ramzi looks down at the bandaged stump of his wrist where his right hand once was, a punishment for thieves and pickpockets in their land.

"You shouldn't make grandpa any sadder." Halil says

"But someone has to do this." Ramzi replies "With all of us stuck in those shabby tents, more and more people will die every winter because they couldn't survive it."

Ramzi looks at his friend, acknowledging the risks he puts himself in.

"So, Halil, if I die, please give this money to everyone for me." Ramzi finally requests

"Ramzi..." Halil replies

Before Halil can follow up, the conversation of their secrets is interrupted by the sight of several citizens running deeper and uphill into the forest, a look of dread upon their faces. One woman falls to her knees, having tripped over the forest trails uneven terrain, causing one of the people to quickly turn to rush her to her feet as others run past them.

"What's going on?" Ramzi asks "The townspeople are...fleeing? But why?"

As Ramzi had placed his hand upon the earth, he begins to feel A Rumbling akin to that of thunder within it.

As he stares at the ground, the tops of the trees spring to life as several birds take to the skies and begin to fly away in the same direction as the fleeing townspeople. Behind them...several enormous, gasly, pale, winged abominations pursue after them.

The creatures who look to have been a combination of hawk and bat snatch some of the birds in their beaks one by one, sounding a cacophony of squawks and screeches as they soar.

The two children look through an opening in the trees that overlooks the entire city of Liberio, slowly enveloping it, is an unfathomably tall and wide wall of steam. Upon closer look, the two children see the source of that steam as well as the fear that the townspeople had expressed.

An innumerable amount of 50 meter titans, devoid of skin march forth, crushing the city beneath their feet. The children watch in horror as the titans tread forth, paralyzed with fear before a voice calls out to them.

"RAMZI! HALIL!" The voice says

The source is none other to be that of their grandfather's, accompanied by their mother and father.

"HURRY, COME WITH US!" the grandfather yells, beckoning the children to him with his hand.

Knowing their lives were in immediate danger, Ramzi and Halil grab the blue bundle, join their family and run as fast as they can.