Chapter 10.5: Luck Of The Devil

(DISCLAIMER: The following is a non profit, fan based series. Monsterverse is owned by Legendary Pictures, and Attack On Titan (Shingeki No Kyojin) is owned by Hajime Isayama. Please support the original franchises.)

4 months prior.....Mere hours after The Battle of Shigashina

The sun had just begun to set upon the island of Paradise, the sunset reflecting off of the crystal capsule that houses The Beast Titan's shifter floats above a well kept boat dock and comes to a halt.

The capsule begins to deteriorate as the blonde bearded man falls from it like a newborn animal, fully recovered from his injuries dealt to him by Levi.

He takes the time to readjust the glasses on his face before eyeing a piece of the mysterious white crystal, he hesitantly picks it up and looks upon it up close. He had never seen this variation of crystal before, this couldn't have been made from the titans of this world.

"How interesting" he says to himself

The Quadruped Titan appears behind the man, finally catching up to him with none other than The Armored Titan's shifter, Reiner, in it's mouth.

The titan gently places the now fully healed Reiner on the boat dock, the wood surface enough to awaken him and have him jolt to his feet.

"WE NEED TO GO BACK FOR HIM! BERTOLDT COULD STILL BE ALIVE!" He shouts to The Beast Titan's Shifter

The scruffy blonde man turns his back to him and stands by the boat dock overlooking the sea as the sun shines off of the water.

"Right now, we need to cut our losses and withdraw for now. I think it's safe to assume poor Bertoldt is dead. Unfortunate." The man says

Reiner spins the man around and grabs him by the neck, visibly furious. He wanted to say something, anything. But he knew both He and Bertoldt lived as warriors, it only makes sense that they die as such.

"What's with that expression?" The man calmly asks, Reiner's hand still on his throat. "We can fight again if you want. But you know that if you lose, you have to give up your titan to another candidate." He finishes with a blank expression

Reiner pushes him back, frustrated by the fact that he knew he was no match for The Beast Titan and goes to watch the boat coming to pick them up.

The Quadruped Titan approaches the blonde man as he looks at Reiner

"What do you make of all this, Pieck?" The man asks

Just then, a burst of steam erupts from the nape of The Quadruped. A young woman with messy, shoulder-length black hair and brown eyes emerges from it, wearing a white blouse and a brown trench coat with a red armband on her left arm. The crimson sinew snaps from her being, causing the entire titan to begin evaporating.

"What 𝘸𝘢𝘴 that, Zeke?" She asks

"Which part?" He chuckles to himself

"All of it!" Pieck says "Those titans, even the ones helping us, those crystals, I just....I just don't understand it..."

"And you only saw the reptile during your spy run before the attack?" Zeke asks, referring to Godzilla

"Yes, War Chief." Pieck says "But if I may...do the crystals protecting you not seem odd? What do YOU make of it?" She asks

Zeke turns to her, his head hanging lazily over his left shoulder

"Luck Of The Devil, maybe?" He says nonchalantly "Oh and uhh...that lizard titan, did you happen to catch what they called it?" He then asks

"Godzilla." Pieck says

They then await for the boat to arrive and set sail for home away from the island. The battle had drained all of them, and the rocking boat and gentle waves brought the three warriors into slumber.