Chapter 4: The Symposium

(DISCLAIMER: The following is a non profit, fan based series. Monsterverse is owned by Legendary Pictures, and Attack On Titan (Shingeki No Kyojin) is owned by Hajime Isayama. Please support the original franchises.)

Night had fallen upon the Island of Paradis, all the soliders and citizens had turned in for the night except for Hange Zoe, who had started a small campfire outside of the Orvud District. The meager flame illuminates some of the area around her and just enough to reveal half the face of Godzilla, who lays down akin to a lizard sunbathing in order to converse with the titan researcher at her level.

"Thanks for sticking around." Hange says "So, what do you want to know?"

"𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠" Godzilla replies "𝐍𝐨 𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐥 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝."

"Alright..." Hange says as she leans forward, peering deep into one of Godzilla's yellow eyes, preparing a cup of tea for herself.

"Then I'll tell you how mankind became confined to these walls, how the titans came to be, and humanity....reduced to cattle..." She begins

Hange then revealed to Godzilla all she knew. Everything from the titans appearing from seemingly nowhere, to the means of fighting them, to the titan shifters, the known history of the walls and what they contained, everything up to the present. All of this leaves Godzilla with many questions, some of which he felt the mind of a human couldn't possibly know, but a few, he would settle for for the time being.

"𝐒𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞...𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐬...𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐝 𝐮𝐩𝐨𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭...𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐝 𝐮𝐩 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐚𝐫𝐞...𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥? 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐄𝐫𝐞𝐧, 𝐚𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐬 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐚 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐦?" Godzilla asks

"Yes" Hange says "I know its a lot to process."

"𝐔𝐧𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐨, 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝." Godzilla sighs with slight frustration

"So...the world you came from...there are titans there too? Are there more of you, like YOU you?" she asks

"𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐬, 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞...𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐨𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐞𝐝." Godzilla replies

"So you're saying you're your own unique creature? Thats amazing!"
Hange says "I just have one question."

"𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞?" Godzilla inquires with a raised brow.

"Mmmmaaayyybe more" Hange replies, scratching the back of her head

Godzilla, in turn, reveals all he can to Hange. A story of his life and the lives and history of the many kaiju of his world to the best of his recollection.

By the time Godzilla had finished, Hange had drawn sketches of the titans of Godzilla's homeworld as he had described and how she had envisioned them. She had felt as though she had discovered some ancient truth of the world, the new knowledge at her fingertips having her hands trembling. After all, a primeval, prehistoric being bestowed this knowledge unto the titan researcher, everything else up to this point seemed so...insignificant.