Chapter 35: Ymir

(DISCLAIMER: The following is a non profit, fan based series. Monsterverse is owned by Legendary Pictures, and Attack On Titan (Shingeki No Kyojin) is owned by Hajime Isayama. Please support the original franchises.)

Ages ago...1003 B1

Before the creation of Walls Maria, Sina, and Rose, The Fritz Family of the tribe of Eldia had come into power. The subjugation of lesser towns and villages was a norm for this thriving empire, making vassals and slaves of the people they conquered, cutting out their tongues and putting them to work.

On one particular day, the leader of the up and coming Eldian people was displeased.

"A pig escaped..." The chief of the tribe announces to his slaves "One of you allowed that to happen..."

"If they won't confess, I'll pluck an eye from each of your skulls, slaves can easily go about their work with just one." The Chief says

The slaves, wanting to save their own skins, point out the culprit that was responsible for the escape of one of the pigs. Those fingers, all directed toward one girl...a nameless young, blonde, girl in rags.

"So you allowed my pig to escape?" The Chief asks the girl

The girl looks around at her fellow slaves, a plea for help from them in her eyes, eyes that should be full of life at the girls age but have been rendered dull and bleak, lacking any identity or purpose...for those things were taken from her by the tribe of Eldia.

The girl, left with no other option nor voice nor tongue to speak with, lowers her head toward The Chief, a confession of guilt.

"Then so be it." The Chief says "I hereby set you "free"."

Unfortunately, The Chief of The Eldian people had a sick definition of the word. The young slave girl was set loose to be hunted by the barbaric Eldians like wild game.

The young girl pants and runs through the dense forest, suffering from the wounds dealt to her as an arrow in her shoulder hinders the movement of her right arm.

Two tribesmen on horseback pursue the girl as she tries to escape, one of which nocking another arrow and firing it into her leg, causing the young girl to stumble and fall into nearby brush.

The party stops and a few hunting dogs begin to sniff around the vicinity, looking for the wounded prey at hand.

The young girl silently weeps to herself from a combination of the pain of the arrows that pierce her flesh and from the realization that she was going to die here, hunted like a wild animal with none to mourn her.

However, the girl looks up ahead and sees a  colossal tree, the biggest she had ever seen, tall enough to scrape the clouds themselves. At it's base, a cave-like hollow resting at the foot of The Great Tree.

With the sound of horses and dogs closing in on her, she limps into the dark hollow, seeking shelter in any form it could possibly come in. She had no plan as to what to do if and when the hunting party grew bored and departed, but right now, she needed a place to hide.

Upon walking inside The Great Tree, she stumbles on one of it's many roots and plummets into an underground body of water within it. The young slave girl, either not knowing how, or prevented from doing so by her wounds, is unable to swim to the surface, slowly sinking as the last of the air within her lungs leaves her mouth.

As she continues to sink into the abyssal waters, a luminescent, blue centipede-like creature swims up to her from the abyss below, it's many legs attaching themselves to her back followed by a flash of light.

On the surface, the enormous tree explodes in a dazzling display of orange lightning, several birds fly away in a panic as the hunters can't help but stare in awe.