Caskett: Falling in love with school,Chapter 50

Falling in love at school/ Chapter 50

Hey Guys ! Sorry I Haven't Updated Since Friday... Been Busy... But Here's Chapter 50! Hope You enjoy it! The Next chapter is going to be rough! And I mean Rough! Not to rough..ish!

Abby smiled and hugged her dad, she could tell there was something going on between her parent's so she excused herself to do homework.

"How was your meeting?" "Fine." "That's good."

"Shouldn't you be at work."

He said with a sharp tone making Kate remember why he was so upset with her.

(Flashback)

( "Kate!" "Rick? What are you doing here?"

"Could you watch Johanna for me? I have to go to a really important meeting."

"Rick I'm at work! I just can't watch her like that."

"I really need you too, the kids are still at school."

"And I'm at work! I have a real Job with REAL work!" "And I don't?"

"I didn't mean it like that."

"No clearly you think that my job isn't important, I'll find a babysitter."

"No, I don't trust those kids, just sit her in your chair and I'll keep an eye on her."

"You make it sound like she's a random kid you have to watch! She's your daughter!"

"I know that! But I'm very busy." She hissed as he shook his head in disbelief.

"I want Kate back, the one who would do anything for her children, Or husband. All I have is the Kate who thinks work is the only thing that's important."

Before she could say anything he was gone and Johanna was looking at her.)

(End of Flashback.)

"Gate's gave me the rest of the day off." "So she forced you to leave."

She looked down and nodded. "wow."

He shook his head and brushed past her into their bedroom. "Rick."

"Don't, I get it, you think work is more important than family."

"That's not true!" "Then how do you explain earlier! Please tell me Kate because clearly you couldn't even watch your daughter for a few hours!"

"I'm sorry." "You're sorry! So am I!"

He slammed the bathroom door leaving her frozen.

She knew she deserved it, she deserved every word. Hours passed and she gave up, she knew he wasn't going to forgive her that easily so she decided to just let him be.

She thought he was acting childish at first, but he was't.

He was just hurt and she made him hurt.

"Mom! What did you do to dad! He promised to help me with basketball but he said he wasn't in the mood anymore! I asked him why and he said ask your mom!"

"Noah I kind of hurt your dad earlier."

"Well you better make up! My tryouts are tomorrow!"

"I'll try." Noah huffed and walked out of the kitchen up the stairs. "Mom!" Great another mad child.

"Yes Ally?" The 16 year old walked over with crossed arms.

"What's with dad! He's in his office drinking scotch looking completely depressed!"

"I hurt him ok! I messed up and I hurt him!"

"You better make it better!" She threatened and walked off.

Kate knew she needed to make this better and fast.

.........................

Slipping under the covers she knew this would be the perfect time to talk.

She soon half smiled when he walked in but he didn't, he was blank.

He simply walked over and grabbed a pillow. "W..Where are you going?!"

"I'm sleeping on the couch."

"Rick NO! Please! I can take you ignoring me all day and not speaking to me ! But when you're not in the bed I can't sleep! I know it sounds cheesy but please."

He was hesitant but nodded and walked back over sliding under the covers.

Soon turning over to her side she began to sob, what if he left her!

She wouldn't be able to take it. She silently sobbed but he knew what was going on.

When Kate cried that meant she was desperately sorry.

He rubbed his face and wrapped his arms around her, bringing her close to his chest.

She calmed down as she lay against his chest.

She then began to break down severley, sobbing into his now wet shirt

. She began to speak but choked on her sobs. "I'm..so.. sorry!"