Bad News || Chapter 104

Start from the beginning

"Fine." Lyla spoke as she opened her arms.

Luca laughed as he lowered himself slightly so that Lyla could wrap her arms around his neck and he picked her up so that her legs wrapped around his waist. Lyla rested her head on his shoulder and allowed her eyes to close as she took in his scent. Luca walked them towards the car and after placing all the bags in the trunk he opened the passenger side door and gently placed Lyla in her seat where she slightly moved getting comfortable since she had fallen asleep on Lucas shoulder.

After placing a kiss on her cheek Luca smiled seeing Lyla's lips curl up into a soft smile. He placed her seatbelt on and softly closed the door not daring to wake her up. He drove home and as Lyla slept in the car he dealt with the person who he called earlier.

"So it's all set up?"

"Yeah, you should be able to see it with your phone now." Luca nodded and handed the person some money.

Lyla's tired eyes fluttered open just in time to see Luca smiling as he handed a man money. She was confused but when Luca looked as if he was about to turn around she closed her eyes faking to be asleep. Once her door was opened Lyla slowly fluttered her eyes open faking to have just been waking up when Luca had started to remove her seatbelt.

"Hi sleeping beauty." Luca smiled kissing her cheek which made Lyla smile.

"Do you want me to take you inside?" Lyla nodded with a big smile as her arms went around Lucas neck and he picked her up bridal style.

Another day of him being weird made Lyla finally snap. Currently Luca was practically dragging her out towards the door by her hand as Lyla confusingly tried to get his attention.

"Okay Luca stop!" She found herself sighing at the end of her words as Luca turned to face her. Lyla was fixing the strap of the side bag she had onto her shoulder.

"What's going on? You've been acting so weird lately and though I love spending every waking minute with you and going out sometimes I just want to relax at home with you, so spill it what is going on with you?" Her arms folded over her chest and Luca sighed taking her hand causing her arms to unfold and leading them towards the sofa where he sat down facing towards her and she followed.

"Uh...so...." Luca awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck and Lyla watched him trying to figure him out. He was never the nervous type so him being this way was really freaking her out.

"I didn't want to stress you out seeing as how we don't have much time left together and—"

"Luca stop beating around the bush and tell me already." Lyla spoke slightly angered.

"Ryan's out of jail." He spoke a little frightened at her reaction but to the contrary Lyla didn't say nor do anything.

She just sat there for a second then slowly nodded letting the words sink in.

"When?"

"A few days ago..."

"And you're telling me this now and not when you found out because?..."

"Because I didn't want you to freak out." Lyla smiled and got closer to him taking his hands in hers as their eyes locked.

"Luca I'm okay." A soft and sensual kiss was placed on his lips by her and when she pulled back her smile brightened seeing how worriedly he looked for her.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes I'm sure...I mean yeah it took me a long time to get over what happened but I'm in a better place Luca." He nodded not really buying her words.

"Can we stay in?" She asked and he nodded.

Lyla placed her bag on the sofa and rested her head on Lucas shoulder. He felt like she wasn't okay but he didn't want to argue with her so he threw an arm over her shoulders and pulled her in. Luca laid down on the sofa and Lyla laid down on top of him. Luca turned on the tv and after a bit he fell asleep but Lyla was wide awake slightly scared.

She didn't feel good in any way. She couldn't help herself and allowed herself to think back on the recent days that had passed. She couldn't stop thinking about how she's felt like someone had been watching her for those days and it made her feel uneasy. Lyla truly thought it was all in her head but she couldn't stop herself from thinking that maybe she wasn't crazy for feeling that way.

Lyla felt like she was going to break down into pieces at any given moment and she hated that.

_____

Do I smell drama?😏

Xoxo,

~Thunder~

Vote and comment!!🥰