He looked up at the second floor of the villa, where it was brightly lit, and the bright light refracted through the glass windows, giving the cold night a bit of warmth.

The corners of his mouth raised slightly unconsciously, he took a deep breath, opened the door and walked in.

The lights in the living room were also on. The orange cat lying on the cat climbing frame glanced at him lazily, not even bothering to meow perfunctorily, and seemed quite resentful of his late return.

He Buzhou's attention was not on it, and he walked straight to the second floor without even looking at it.

He opened the door very gently. The bedroom was quiet and cold. Because he was not at home, the smart system in the room did not turn on the heating.

He thought that in such a cold weather, Xiao Yi'an would go back to bed and lie down before he came back, but that was not the case. That squeamish and clingy spirit fell asleep at some point while hugging the fence post.

The glass door of the balcony was not closed, and even standing on the side of the bedroom door, he could feel the cold wind blowing in.

It was already half past one in the morning, and his An An had been blowing cold wind for more than an hour to wait for him.

He Buzhou felt a stab of pain in his heart, his straight lips pressed down, and his brows furrowed slightly.

As if he was afraid of frightening the poor little one inside, he silently walked to the balcony and squatted down next to the doll.

The poor baby was holding the fence post tightly with both hands, and leaning its head against the post little by little, it seemed that she was not sleeping peacefully. His soft hair was blown into a mess by the cold wind, and the shirt on his body looked extremely thin. His body was trembling slightly due to the cold, and the whole doll had a pitiful look all over him.

He couldn't help feeling hurt, and reached out to touch the doll's hair. The touch was very cold, even more penetrating than the ice cube.

With an unprecedented tenderness, he called softly: "An'an, wake up."

The doll was sleeping deeply, but after hearing the familiar voice, its long and curled eyelashes trembled slightly.

He continued: "It's cold outside, go inside and sleep again."

The sleeping doll finally opened his eyes. He blinked a few times in confusion. He still didn't understand the current situation. He let go of the pillar he had held for a long time, rubbed his eyes with his fists, and muttered in a low voice: " Are you back? I've been waiting for you for a long time. And it's so cold outside, I'm almost freezing."

The complaints were vague and completely sticky, like a gummy candy with excessive sugar content. It made people feel soft and sweet. They just wanted to keep it in their mouth, but they couldn't bear to let it melt.

He Buzhou took a breath, and his heart was tingling like needles.

"Not anymore, never again."

He removed his palm from his hair and rubbed it gently against the baby's cheek, as if to reassure Xiao Yian, but also to warn himself.

No matter what this doll is, he has raised it for so long and has long regarded it as a treasure. Besides, if this doll had any ill intentions towards him, there was no need to risk being discovered by delaying it for so long.

The most important point is that the doll has exactly the same face as Xiao Yi'an, and he can't do anything bad to this face.

It was precisely because of this face that he took the doll home. He did regard the doll as Xiao Yi'an's substitute, but once this substitute is a "person" with his own thoughts, then treating him as a substitute for a certain person would be disrespectful to this "person".