eighteen :(

Rock Bottom - Hailee Steinfeld & DNCE

"Asterin Heart, you have one phone call. Would you like to use that now or later?" The lady asked, looking at me with a soft smile. I could tell she was proud, like it or not.

"Now please." I said with a smile. She nodded, unlocking the cell and gently grabbing my arm to pull me out. I walked with her and once we reached the phone, she unlocked my handcuffs and stood next to me.

I dialed the number from memory and waited as it rung for a bit. I knew it was because they had to do the whole you have a call from San Jose county jail blah blah blah.

The line finally connected and i smiled, knowing I made the right choice.

"What the fuck did you do?" Xavier's voice flowed through the phone and into my ear.

"I beat a guy up for harassing Mars, explain later. Anyway, I need you to post my bail for me and pick me up. Keep it between us please. Once we get my things we can take my car to my house and drive back together and I'll explain everything. You willing to do this?" I asked, knowing I was asking a lot.

"Not for anyone else, but for you?" He said before pausing, "I'm ready to back you up. Be there in an hour, stay safe, Heart."

"You too, Carter." I said. The line disconnected and I put the phone back up.

"Don't tell anyone, but that was badass. I saw the guy who came in after you and wondered how bad you must have been for him to look that bad. You know how to defend yourself." She said, winking at me with a smile. I thanked her and she handcuffed me and walked me back to the cell. I just sat in there humming until I was pulled for questioning.

They said the bail was low enough for me to pay myself but if I needed someone else to pay it could also be accepted through that. I told them I had someone on the way and they took me back to the cell.

It wasn't long before he arrived.

"Asterin Heart, your bail has been posted and you are being released. Your belongings have been picked up and you can walk out to the front of the building. If the man decided to press charges you will get a court notice and you will be required to attend. Until then, i recommend you stay out of trouble." The same officer from earlier said with a wink as she unlocked the cell and unlocked my handcuffs.

I ran to the front of the building and immediately saw Xavier. He had the proudest smile on his face and the most burning desire in his eyes. I wasted no time in running to him and jumping on him.

It was like everything was in slow motion. Once I was in his arms, nothing else truly mattered.

"I have your things. Izzy and Tommy are taking your car to your house and we are going to go to Mars' to check up on her before picking them back up." He said, holding my body close to his. I stayed there for a minute, just breathing him in as my adrenaline started wearing and my hands started throbbing.

I saw Maggie walk through the door and had Xavier put me down.

"You're gonna regret this." She whispered. I flipped her off and grabbed Xavier's hand before walking to his car. I sat in the passenger and everything felt right.

We drove to Mars' with all the windows down and the music blasting. When we arrived I ran inside and she immediately embraced me.

"You got his ass so good!" She yelled with excitement.

"I know! He got like one hit and I didn't even feel it!" I yelled.

"Izzy and Tommy already got your car, but I need to see you soon! I miss you and I love you!" She yelled, hugging me again.