nine :(

New Romantics - Taylor Swift

Ranboo's POV

The second the music played it was like something inside of Asterin broke. Her body leaned heavily on Izzy and the way Izzy's eyes met mine, she knew it too.

We're all bored. We're all so tired of everything

No okay, I get it now. She played this song almost every time we were in the car together. I knew it by heart.

We wait for, trains that just aren't coming. We show off our different scarlet letters, trust me mine is better.

I could tell with the way her body shook that she was absolutely wrecked on Izzy's shoulder. Izzy did her best to ignore it and hold her up.

We're so young but were on the road to ruin. We play dumb but we know exactly what we're doing. We cry tears of mascara in the bathroom, honey, life is just a classroom.

Asterin stood up straight and wiped the tears from her face before belting the song louder than ive seen in a long time.

"CAUSE BABY I COULD BUILD A CASTLE! OUT OF ALL THE BRICKS THEY THREW AT ME! AND EVERYDAY IS LIKE A BATTLE! BUT EVERY NIGHT WITH US IS LIKE A DREAM! BABY WERE THE NEW ROMANTICS, COME ON COME ALONG WITH ME! HEART BREAK IS THE NATIONAL ANTHEM, WE SING IT PROUDLY! WE ARE TOO BUSY DANCING TO GET KNOCKED OFF OUR FEET. BABY WERE THE NEW ROMANTICS, THE BEST PEOPLE IN LIFE ARE FREE!" She screamed, making eye contact with me for some lines.

"We're all here." I sang, her eyes locked on mine.

"The lights and noise are blinding." She sang, looking me up and down like she was doubting me.

"We hang back, it's all in the timing."

"It's poker, he can't see it in my face but im about to play my ace." She said, turning around to face the stage again. I sighed, knowing she couldn't see. I grabbed her waist and stood her on the chair designated for her. I grabbed her hand so she wouldn't fall and her smile grew as tears fell more rapidly.

"We need love." I sang, staring up at her. She looked down at me.

"But all we want is danger."

"We team up-"

"Then switch sides like a record changer."

We both looked at Izzy and Tommy.

fuckers

"The rumors, are terrible and cruel."

"But honey most of them are true." She said with a shrug, looking at me with a smile. As the song continued to play, her body wracked with more and more sobs as the lyrics sunk in. In this moment, i was so thankful the concert was over.

I lifted Asterin off of the chair and she clung to me, sobs escaping her and air barely being able to be inhaled. I left the others behind and walked to her car with her in my arms. I set her in the passenger seat and draped my hoodie over her legs. I helped her buckle before getting in the drivers side and adjusting the seat so I wasn't absolutely cramped.

"The fuck are you doing?!" She sobbed as we pulled onto the main road.

"Taking you home."

"I can't go home! You took it away from me!" She screamed, her words slurring some.

"I didn't have a fucking choice Asterin! You fail to believe that!" I yelled, the adrenaline of the concert wearing off.

replace it
replace it
replace it

who's the adrenaline junkie now?

"I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!" She screamed.

70
73
75

"I was fucking blackmailed, Asterin! I didn't fucking chose this! Why would I chose to break the one thing i cared most about in this god forsaken hell hole we live in!" I yelled back.

79
80
82

"Am i just supposed to believe that?!"

85

"You fucking left! It's been a year and now you wanna tell me it was blackmail?!"

87

"You expect me to just believe that?!"

89

incoming call from Will...

91

"ANSWER THE DAMN PHONE!" Asterin yelled, leaning her head against the door where the window would be if it was rolled up.

92

"Slow your damn roll, Xavier. Now. I don't give a flying fuck if you're upset or hurt or whatever, you get into an accident at a whopping 95 miles per hour and you won't be the only one dead." His voice cane through, making my foot ease off the gas.

90

"Fuck you." I said, hanging up the phone.

93

"You weren't lying." Asterin whispered, it almost being drowned out by the wind.

93

"Why would i?!"

92

"I lost you! The one person who's made life even remotely bearable, Star!"

95

"I believe you, Xavier."

94

"Slow down, i believe you." She sobbed, gripping onto my arm.

92

"I didn't chose it."

90

"I didn't want it."

87

"I want you, that's all ive wanted for a year."

85

"Carter, i know."

83

"You wouldn't be speeding if you wanted me to change."

81

"You wouldn't be trying so hard for the adrenaline if you wanted me to change."

79

"You want me for me."

77

"You liked the rush."

75

"You liked the adrenaline."

72

"You liked me."

69

"I loved you."

65

"I still love you."

62

"I always will love you."

60

"I love you too."