fourteen :(

Getaway Car - Taylor Swift

"I'm in a getaway car! I left you in the motel bar put the money in the bag and I stole they keys! That was the last time you ever saw me!" I screamed, accelerating slowly when the light turned green. I may not be safe with my life in my car, but I was when driving other people's. I wasn't stupid.

Five seconds, that's all it took. Five seconds between my foot letting off the brake and moving over to the gas. Five seconds when I had the right away. Five seconds when I was driving.

Five seconds for me to be in the middle of an intersection to across it with a totaled car.

Five seconds for my panic to jump to insane levels.

Five seconds for me to feel everything and then nothing.

Five seconds for me to realize so fucking much.

Five seconds was everything.

By the way, if anyone is wondering if the radio still plays when they get into an accident, yes. Yes it does. Except now the song is repeating the same damn line over and fucking over.

It wasn't helping.

I hate this song.

NOT VERY MOTHER OF YOU TAYLOR

anyway

uh

ouch.

"Can you get out of the car? Are you okay? 911 has been called. Can I call anyone in your family?" Someone said as I was in my car.

"While he was runnin' after us I was screaming' go go go." I sang, nervous laughter filtering through as I tried to recall what the fuck just happened.

"I think she has a head trauma!" The guy yelled, walking away from the car. I tried to look for my phone to stop the damn fucking SONG and I couldn't find it. I tried to move to pause it on the stereo but oh gee I CAN'T FUCKING SEE SHIT THROUGH THE DAMN AIRBAG! Oh shit, wait that's kinda full. Didn't know it blew up this much. That's kinda cool. And totally not the point. How far away from home am I?

"What street are we on?!" I yelled to the guy who was back at my window.

"Intersection between 25th and Ocean Ave." He said. I laughed, Close enough I guess.

"My house is on 26th 2049. Can you go get someone?" I laughed. The adrenaline was wearing off. Now I'm full blown panicking, but I can't show it. "I got groceries in the back If you wanna take those."

"Yeah, sure." He said, eyeing me lightly before walking off.

"Damnit, he didn't take the groceries." I mumbled, leaning my head back against the seat and trying to make the pain go away. After a few minutes, or hours, I don't even know to be honest. I heard someone's voice.

"We're gonna open the door and get you on the ground, okay? Can you move?" The woman asked me. I looked over and my jaw dropped.

"You're damn gorgeous. You can do whatever you want to me, girlfriend." I said with a smile. "Yes I can move though, just hurts some."

"Alright." She laughed. "You always this funny or you just in pain?"

"Both shawty, both." I laughed. She opened the door with a chuckle of her own. She reached across me to unbuckle the seatbelt and I swear I could have screamed in pain. I'm chillin' though, like a villain. I need to watch descendants again. Oh shit wait, nah. Ranboo exists and I'm not doin that again. Or maybe I should, he's hot. I miss him. I want Ranboo. Where is he?

"Asterin?!"

Well, there go the damn tears and the spike in panic again.

"Are you okay?! What happened?!" Asher asked, skidding to a halt next to me. I could hear his jeans tear. I could practically hear his knees scrape too.

"I'm so sorry." I sobbed. He immediately hugged me as he scoffed.

"Why? Why are you sorry? Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

"Yes but it doesn't matter, I totaled your car."

"Asterin, how could you even think I care about that?! I don't give a flying fuck about that piece of shit. I'm not you, I don't give a fuck about my car. I've been saving up for a new one anyway, Asterin. I care about you and how you're doing and that you're even alive which is speaking volumes seeing the damage my car is in."

"See, you do care!"

"No! I don't! I care that my car looks like that and you're alive! Are you hurt, Asterin?" He asked, pulling away and cupping my face so I could look at him.

"My right leg hurts so fucking much, dude." I laughed out. "My neck too, but like more muscle pain."

"Oh my god." I heard from behind Asher.

"Boyfriend!" I yelled, laughing wildly. "Oh yeah, my head also hurts really bad."

"Are you both riding with her in the ambulance?" The police lady asked, kneeling next to me on the other side.

"Damn, I must be important to be next to this fine lady. Oh my god are you gonna give me a fine? I was driving safely!"

"No, I'm not. You were following the law. The other person was running a red light."

"Asshole, mhm."

"Yes were both riding with her." Asher said with a smile. The lady smiled back and I wiggled my eyebrows at Asher.

"Boyfriend!" I exclaimed, watching Carter walk over to me.

"Are you okay?" He asked. I felt myself being lifted and laughed.

"Nope!" I yelled. I was laid on a stretcher and it was really cool. They strapped me in and all. Done this a time or two before. Hashtag rehab. Just kidding. Kind of.

"Am I goin' to rehab again?" I asked, looking at Asher.

"Nope, just the hospital again."

"Dude, I'm tired of those. Hashtag have the worst immune system ever."

"Hashtag had to be hospitalized for pneumonia every winter." Asher joked back. Carter looked at us like we were crazy as he wiped his face from the tears and grabbed my hand.

"Lover boy needs comfort more than me!" I joked. "I'm kidding, I'm in so much pain."

"They'll give you morphine at the hospital."

"The funny pain drugs!" I yelled.

Oh how the fun is beginning.