fourteen :(

Ranboo's POV

Month Nine : Week Four
Something In The Orange (Z&E's Version) - Zach Bryan

It was raining. I guess that was a sign today wouldn't be good because when the hell does it rain in California?

The plans for today were to go driving, but now i'm deciding against it with the rain pounding on my window. Instead, I decide to boot up Minecraft.

I played for a few hours, trying to ignore the pounding of my head from no sleep. I tried to sleep, it just didn't happen. I laid staring at the ceiling for hours, just thinking about every memory with Asterin.

I added onto the world we created together a while ago. I tried to tell myself I was playing to keep myself preoccupied, but I just added onto the world the way I knew she would want to.

She always told me I wasn't allowed to add onto the world without her playing with me, but things change I guess.

"What are you doing?! You can't play on our world without me!" Asterin yelled, running ti get onto her pc to join the world.

"I'm so sorry." I said sarcastically, a smile brightening my features.

"No you're not! It's a rule now! No playing without me!" Asterin laughed, joining the world.

I smiled as the memory crossed my mind.

"What do you want for dinner?" My dad asked, leaning on the door frame.

"Whatever you guys want. I'm not too hungry." I said with a shrug.

"You haven't been eating much, Xavier. What's going on?" My dad asked, walking into the room and sitting on the bed. He closed the door behind him as he walked in, knowing I like my privacy.

"Nothin, just in a mood." I whispered, hyper focusing on the game in hopes he'd leave the topic alone.

"It's something. Ive never seen you this down, kid." He said, lowering his voice so he was speaking kindly to me. It irritated me how fragile he thought I was.

"I'll talk to you about it when i'm ready, can I make you that deal?" I asked, turning around in the chair. He sighed but accepted it. He beckoned me over to the bed so I listened, going to sit next to him.

"I love you." He said, pulling me into a hug.

"I love you too." I whispered, feeling my walls crumble as I hugged him back. He soon left and I went back to my setup, playing Minecraft once again.

Another hour passed and I was starting to get bored.  I powered down my pc and walked to the living room. Sophie was down there watching a movie so I decided to join her. Ezra was probably in his room.

We watched the Descendants movies and I had to keep my heart from shattering even more. In between one of the movies there were rapid knocks on my front door. I walked to it and opened it.

What the fuck?

Asterin's POV

I sat down under a vacant tree in a vacant park. My head was going a mile a minute and I just needed some release.

i packed a bowl and smoked it before walking back to my uncle's house. I'd come back when the high hit, but for now it'd be fine I think.

When I arrived I saw my aunt sitting on the stairs crying and holding Madi. I saw a car driving down the street that looked too much like the car that always picks my uncle up when he leaves.

"Are you okay?" I asked, walking up the stairs.

"Oh my god, Asterin." She said, shock and guilt crossing her face.

"Yeah?" I asked, looking at her with a pit growing in my stomach.

"You are ridiculous!" Asher yelled, walking out of the garage. "What the actual fuck is wrong with you?!"

"Asher, what's wrong?" I asked, walking down the stairs and to him.

"You couldn't even wait five fucking minutes for me to call her?! Or even let me say goodbye myself?!" He yelled again. My Aunt Darla stood up and put Madi in the house.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, knowing exactly what he was talking about.

"Asterin, Uncle Jimmy just left and nobody wanted to tell us until after he was already packed." Asher said.

I felt my heart sink

I felt my lungs collapse

I felt my heart stop

What the fuck?