eleven

Month Eight : Week One
cardigan - Taylor Swift

"I don't want to fucking go with her! Why does nobody fucking get that?!" I screamed, the tears rolling down my face as a panic attack started to settle in. I hated going with my mother. She abandoned me, she uses me, she tries to take everything she can from me without fail every time.

"Star, maybe give it a shot. Give it a chance. maybe she has changed." My uncle said softly, running a hand up and down. my arm as he pulled me into his side.

"Fine." I said, pushing away from him and walking to my room. I put on my shoes and made sure it didn't look like I had been crying. I walked back out and sat on the porch, waiting for my mother to arrive. When her car pulled up I acted like I was the happiest ever to see her.

"Hey babe, how are you?" My mom said, smiling at me.

"I'm good, how are you?" I asked, buckling up.

"I'm fine. We're going to be going out to dinner with someone. they're meeting us there."

"Oh, alright. Who, if you don't mind me asking?"

"Someone important to me." She said with a smile. I nodded, leaving it at that. We pulled up to one of the few restaurants in San Francisco that I really didn't like.

great start mom

We walked inside and sat down. The man at the table we were seated at looked familiar, but not enough. Like a distant memory I just couldn't remember.

"You're Asterin?" The man asked. I couldn't tell if he was disgusted or surprised or happy.

Who the fuck is this?

"And you're a bald man sitting at our table?" I asked, sitting down across from him, unfortunately.

"Asterin Heart, be nice." My mother scolding, sitting next to the man on the other side of the table. I felt like I needed Asher or him sitting next to me. This was awkward and weird and I want to go back to my uncle and just lie through my teeth and tell him everything is fine.

"What?" I asked with a shrug. "Who are you anyway?"

"You don't know who I am?" He asked.

"I mean, I just asked a question that basically said just that." I sassed, looking at him with a deadpanned look.

"I'm your dad." He sighed, rolling his eyes at me.

"Ha! Sorry! Sorry! That's just funny. My father is a dead beat. So you're my moms new boyfriend you mean?" I asked, but nobody laughed.

There's no fucking way she just brought me to see the dead beat who abandoned Asher and I.

"I'm your dad, Asterin. I'm here to be in your life again. I need you to make your mother stop paying child support though so we can support you with that money in one home instead."

"I need to use the bathroom." I said, taking the information in and just sitting there in silence. I felt those words were better than disrupting the entire restaurant with cuss words and death threats, to be fair.

I walked to the bathroom and immediately pulled out my phone.

Calling trASH <3...

"Yello?" He said, answering the call.

"If you don't pick me up right the fuck now I'm cursing your entire future family." I said, voice cracking halfway through the sentence.

"I'm on my way, what the fuck happened?"

"Asher? Where are you off to?" I heard my uncle call.

"To pick up Asterin!" He yelled.