I grab a cup to let him drink after taking a few more bites. He take the cup from me and drinks the water. I just smile softly as he seem to get a lot better compare to when we first arrived here.

"You know..." he started, handing me the cup. I take it from him and place it on the bedside table. I turn my head to look at him, wondering what he wants to say. "I heard what you said while I was unconscious" he said, turning his head to look at me. I furrowed my eyebrows at what he said.

"What... did you hear?" I asked. I kind of have a guess what he might heard. But I'd like to hear the answer from him. I want to know how much he heard.

"You said that you'd give me a chance when I wake up" he said. My eyes widen ay what he said. "Y/N..." he said, as he gently grab the plate from my hand and place it on the bedside table. He gently hold my hand with both of his. I just stare at his hands.

"I won't ask too much from you. Just a chance to be with you" he said. I lift my head to look at him. He lift my hand, gently placing it against his chest with my palm against it. "Y/N. I love you... all I want is a chance. Just one... to try and win your heart. I know you're still in pain. I know you're still grieving after the death of your fiancé. But please... it's been months, Y/N. The sight of you crying and being broken hearted is not just hurting you. I'm hurting to. I can't bear to see you sad... and seeing your tears makes me feel like someone torn my heart" he said, staring at me with a soft gaze.

"Please, just give me a chance, Y/N. A chance so I can heal your broken heart. Please open your heart for me. So I can have a chance to be with you... to heal you... to take care of you. You're so afraid and think that you're alone after losing Rengoku. But you're not alone. I'm right here, Y/N. I'm here for you..." he said. The only thing I see in his eyes is sincerity.

But a small part of my heart is still hesitating. I just don't want to get hurt again. The thought of falling for him... the thought that I'd lose him one day and that I have to go through the same pain when I lose Rengoku... the pain is unbearable.

Sanemi-San gently move his hands to cup my cheeks. "Just one chance, Y/N. That's all I ask for" he said. I just stare at him, without saying anything. I notice his face is slowly coming closer to mine. But even so, I just stay still without moving an inch.

My eyes eventually drifted shut as I feel something soft being pressed against my lips. I can feel that he's being careful, as if making sure that I'm okay with this. I open my eyes for a few seconds, before slowly closing them again. I move my lips a little, gently kissing him back.

I hear a light gasp coming from him. I feel a something wet on my cheek and a salty taste on my lips. But they weren't mine. I quickly realize they were Sanemi's.

He pulls away as he stares at me with his eyes wide. "Y-You... you kissed back" he said. His voice cracking a little. I just give him a small smile. He bit his lips at my lack of response. He leans his face closer, gently placing his forehead against mine.

"Please, just one chance" he breathed out, while staring at me pleadingly. He moves his forehead to look at me as tears rolls down his cheeks. "One chance, Y/N. That's all I ask..." he said.

"Sanemi-San..." I said. His eyes are pleading at me. The sight makes my heart ache a little. I bit my lips as I stare at him. "I... I still need some more time to open my heart for you..." I said. His eyes saddened at what I said.

"I can't deny the fact that I still need more time to heal after losing Kyou-Chan. I'm sure you understand that, right?" I said. He nods his head at what I said, letting me know he do. I bit my lips a little as I look down for a few seconds before turning to look at him again as he stares at me again. "But..." I said.

"But?" He asked. His hands are still holding my hands in his. He stares at me expectantly as he waits for me to give him an answer. "But... what, Y/N?" He asked. He looks a little nervous. He looks like he's expecting a rejection from me.

I give him a small smile. I lift my hand and gently cup the side of his cheek. "But... I'm ready to give you a chance, Sanemi-San. Just like how I promised you. I will give you a chance once you woke up... and I plan on keeping that promise" said. His eyes widened at what I said. He cups my cheeks as he leans his face closer to me.

"A-Are you... are you serious?" He asked. I smile softly and nod my head. A wide grin spread across his face as he pulls me into a hug. "Thank you, Y/N! I'll take care of you. I promise" he said. I just wrap my arms around him.

My heart still can't let go of Kyou-Chan. But I know he'd want me to continue with my life. So for him, I will do that... I'll try to continue living to the fullest for Kyou-Chan.

*to be continued*