Chapter six: It's insufferable.

*Mika's pov.*

I step into the house which happens to be quiet. Tentatively, I walk further into the house. I didn't see Dad's car outside, but that doesn't mean he's not here, sometimes he parks up the street.

On further inspection the house seems to be empty. I'd like to say that I was relieved, but that's not the case. If anything, it only increased my anxiety. Now I'm stuck here, I don't know when he will arrive home or where he is.

I walk down the hallway and into my bedroom, then sitting on my bed. I think about the day, how strange it was. Honestly, I'd love to know why Heath acts like the way he does; one second, he actually seems concerned, the next he's angry for who knows what reason.

I pick up my bag from the floor and I pull my phone out. I then unlock it and open the messages app.

Me: Hi Dad, I was just wondering where you were because I haven't seen you since last night. Love you.

I wait...He doesn't reply. When I'm just about to put my phone down I get a reply.

Dad: Why the fuck do you care where I am?

I gulp.

Me: I was just worried that's all, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to.

Dad: Don't worry about me. I'm not going to do the same as your mother did.

Tears prick in my eyes at his words. I refuse to let them fall.

I throw my phone down onto my bed, then I hear it buzz again. I pick it up and read through the message. I let out a groan. Why on earth does this man need to be so bipolar?

*Heath's pov*

When I got home from school my fucking Dad had to ask why I wasn't working on the project. I told him that my partner didn't want to work on it today, he knew I was lying.

I pull my phone out of my pocket and begin to message Mika.

Can I come over to work on the project?

Soon enough I get a reply from her.

Sure, sounds good. :)

I'm not going to lie, I kind of hoped she'd say no. I bet she thinks I'm going to apologise, she's wrong.

I walk outside and over to my motorbike, then I get on and begin my journey to her house.

~Time skip~

Soon enough I pull up at her house and walk up to the door, knocking on it. She then answers with a smile, like usual. She's always smiling, I don't understand how, but she is.

"Hi! How are you?" I let out a grumble in response, I'm not in the mood to talk.

She steps to the side and motions for me to walk in, I do so, walking in and following behind her.

She takes me to her room, like last time. I'm still slightly amazed by how many books she has, and I don't think I'll ever understand why she has so many books, or even why she likes reading in the first place. It's boring.

"Okay, I'm pretty sure most of the planning is done, so I was wondering what kind of presentation you wanted to give it? Like a poster, or a diagram? We could even do a power point...What were you thinking?" She asks. I let out a sigh.

"I'm good with anything, you pick."

"Uhm, I think a poster would work best. Sound good?" I nod.

"Fine by me."

She nods. "Okay, perfect!" A smile crosses her face. It's insufferable.

I watch as she walks over to her bag, picking out her books, I also notice that she's still in the clothes she wore to school, hm.

She comes back over to me and places some stuff on her desk, it consists of a book, a few pens, and some materials to make a poster.

"I think we should do some more research." She stays quiet, obviously not listening to me. "Mika?" I clench my jaw. "Mika, are you listening to me?"

She looks up at me. "Hm? Sorry, I wasn't listening." Her voice sounds small.

"I said, I think we should do more planning, what do you think? I know you said that we were almost finished planning, but I want to get a good mark."

"Oh? Sure, more planning sounds fine. I was probably getting ahead of myself, sorry."

I nod, then point to her desk chair. "Can I sit here?"

This time, she nods.

I sit in the chair and open her chemistry book to continue taking notes about the information she normally dumps. She sits on her bed, crossing her legs, then she starts talking, also occasionally opening her phone to make sure things are correct.

~Time skip~ *Mika's pov.*

I take a glance at the clock, it reads, 8:00, Dad said yesterday that he wanted him out of the house by 9:00. Is that still the rule? I'm not even supposed to be working with Heath anymore, I think it's still the rule.

"Um, it's getting kinda late. Do you want to finish up here or..?"

"It's 8:00, that's not late?" I sigh.

"Uh, you want to keep working then?"

"Do you want me to leave?" He inquires.

I shake my head, then nod. "No, I mean you don't have to, it's up to you, really." He glares at me, a strong glare.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?"

"It means I don't mind if you want to continue working or not." Is this guy dumb or something.

He seems to clench his jaw.

"I think I'll leave. We got plenty of work done anyway." I think for a moment before replying.

"Uh, do you want some food before you go, or?" He shakes his head.

"That's not necessary, I'm not hungry anyway...Thanks for the offer though." I smile, he said thank you!

"No problem." He scowls at my enthusiasm.

"Anyway, I'll be going." With that he picks up his bag and begins walking out of my room, I follow him out to the front door.

"Um, thank you for coming. I'll see you at school tomorrow?" He nods and exits the house.

I shut the door and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding, I will never understand that guy, I think it's best if I don't try to.

Authers noteee

I don't really have much to say so, imma just ask you guys a question.

If you had to chose only one colour to see for the rest of your life, what colour would you pick?

Mine would have to be red or green.

WORD COUNT: 1130