Chapter 22: Getting between your legs.

*Mika's pov. *

Heath keeps taking glances at me, his eyebrows deeply furrowed. I didn't understand this damn man. One minute he hated me and the next he cared. I didn't know what to think.

Could I open up to him? Would he actually care about what I had to say? This. This was the reason I couldn't say or do anything because all I could think about was him, his thoughts, my father. I had so many thoughts roaming my brain. To many.

My legs were still shaking from adrenaline, everything was shaking from the adrenaline.

We pull into Heaths driveway, and I take a second to think. Would his parents be home?

"Heath? Will your parents be home?" I ask straightly, not even thinking about what I was saying.

Silence.

He then turns to me, looking into my eyes.

"I'd say so...Why? Are you worried about this whole," He makes a strange gesture to my entire body, "Situation?"

"A little. I just don't want anyone to call the police. I got out and he said he didn't have any use for me anymore..." My voice turns to a mutter as I trail of due to the look Heath gives me.

"Love. Mika." He breaths the words like they're a part of the wind. "I know he might not want you anymore. But that doesn't mean he not looking for others. Your father." He whispers.

My eyes fall wide, I stare at him with a blank face for a moment. "How do you know about my father working with that man?"

"You told me about his finance issues Jonas was asking you about, love. Are you feeling okay?" He moves his gaze from mine for a moment to switch off the car with the key.

"Oh...yeah, yes, that's right." I nod, this time more than a single one. Two.

"Come on. Let's get you inside, hm? We can clean up this wound?" He says, though his tone is more of an ask.

"Sure."

He, once again, walks around the car, opens the door for me, helps me out and then gently holds my back to his stomach so I can walk easier.

His hands on my waist reminded me a lot of that day when I first got the job at his mums' work. I gasp gently. When Heath hears my gasp, he almost instantly loosens his grip.

"You okay?" He whispers softly, his movements stilled.

I chose to ignore the question, to worried about the chance that I'd been fired. "Did I get fired? You—you said that if I didn't show for another day at work then I'd be fired."

"I don't think that's important right now...Come on, love. You're unwell right now. I'd rather you not have to stress about work to." He sighs.

I didn't care if I wasn't meant to stress. I was.

"You'd rather me not stress? Does that mean I got fired?! Why else would I be stressed about it?"

"Let's get you inside and cleaned up. I'm not answering any of your questions about work. That's final." His tone, and look are both stern. Intimidating. "And if you were fired, I'm sure my mum will give you the job back based on the current situation."

Then, all of a sudden, he's dragging me inside. Gently but firmly at the same time.

We get inside and much to my liking his parents aren't home. Thank God.

He continues dragging me around, like he a child and I'm his comfort teddy.

When we eventually arrive at the bathroom, he lifts me like nothing, once again. He gently places me on the counter, his hands under my butt. I stare up at him with widened eyes, but he says nothing, nor has a reaction.

My legs involuntary separate so he can stand between them, he does just that. Moving forward and standing between them.

He reaches up into a higher cabinet, bringing down a first aid kit and opening it on the bench I was sat on.

His legs were pushed up against mine so I couldn't think of anything but that feeling, I couldn't even think about the sting of my cut being cleaned.

"You're good at this." I mumble, not thinking before saying it. I do that a lot.

"What? Getting between your legs?"

I gasp. I loud, ungentle one.

"No, dressing wounds." My lips furrow into a frown as I grumble up at him.

"Maybe because I want to be a doctor." He mummers, his lips slightly parted due to his focus. The disinfectant covered Q-tip gently cleaning the outers of my cut. The focus on my face though. It was making me blush in a beetroot tone.

"You want to be a doctor? That's nice..." I hum softly. Docter seemed like a nice career for such a cold person.

"What do you want to be, love?" And with that, the blush that was once clearing was now back, maybe even stronger than before.

"I'm thinking an author, you know? With how much I love to read... and I really do love to write on the occasion. I'm just thinking about the money factor."

He sighs, the breath itching against my skin.

"I think you should do what you love to do, hm? Do you have any other options? Something else you'd like to do?"

"I don't know...I did think about nursing briefly. I just don't think that I'd be able to do it, I don't think I'd be smart enough to do that kind of thing." My head tips to the side slightly.

He stops his movements, stops cleaning my wounds for a moment as he looks me in the eyes. "I think you would be an amazing nurse. You're more then smart, Mika. I swear you can be whatever you want, yeah?" He smiles at me.

Smiles at me.

"Yeah." I whisper gently. "Thank you. Thank you for this."

"You're welcome, love." He says in the same whisper as me, moving his hand back up and continuing to clean my wounds like nothing had happened.

A lot had happened though. Heath was like a different person. It made me like him, even just a little bit. Like I told him, I was warming up to him.

Authors noteee.

Wrote this while watching mean girls.

Anyway, like I said I will be updating a lot more. :)

I'm currently reading Imagine me (the last book in the shatter me series) and I'm so sad that I've almost finished the series. It's literally my favourite thing.

LOVE YOU ALL.

WORD COUNT: 1102.