Chapter 25: And with him. I couldn't be happier.

Just thought I'd start this chapter off with, it is the last chapter of this book but it is about triple the length so get comfy!

*Mika's pov. *

Heath soon drops me off at my home. The car ride was just small talk, little conversation, even some silence. It was nice though. It didn't feel awkward, it didn't feel like it was useless conversation either.

I walk up to my front door and open it, taking in a breath of the air inside. Even though my father hadn't been in here for about a week, the air was still tinged with the smell of liquor, beer. This, once again, reminds me that I needed to text him. That's what I do.

Propping up my tote bag on a table, I pull my phone out of it, open my father's contact and send off a quick text message, unsure if he'll even get it.

Mika: Hi, Dad. I've noticed you haven't been home. Just wondering what's going on there.

In theory, he could have been coming home while I was sleeping. It wasn't a very convincing idea though. Plus, who would be putting in that much effort to avoid and ignore their own daughter?

My stomach twists at the idea. Could he hate me that much?

I ignore the nagging in my brain and focus on what's ahead of me. I had a date with Heath, and I wouldn't let my father and my thoughts ruin this for me. I make my way into my bedroom, and over to my wardrobe.

I had a small selection of dresses, partly because I didn't have to confidence to wear them, partly because I didn't have anywhere to wear them to.

Shuffling through them, I take note of Heaths words, fancy but not restaurant fancy. It was vague, it gave me absolutely nothing to work from.

Maybe a sundress? But it was cold out. A classic black dress? What about a skirt and tights? Was that enough though. I flop onto my bed with a groan.

I had not a single clue what to wear.

I do the only thing I can think of. Call Lilah. I was sure she'd been on many dates.

Without saying a hi to her, I speak straight out. "What does fancy but not restaurant fancy mean?"

All I hear on the other end of the line is breathing, then a shuffle of noise, a whisper.

"Lilah?" I speak confused.

"Hold on a second, I'm asking Ezra." How on earth would Ezra know? Then I hear the faint whispers between the two of them, though I couldn't make out the words they were speaking.

"Something fun, not boring, also not like a ballgown. Mika. I really don't know." I could almost hear the sound of her rolling her eyes. "Did Heath tell you that as the dress-code?" Lilah says though the line.

"He did." I answer hesitantly.

"Dickhead." She mumbles back. "I say wear a simple dress, then style it up. Think coats, scarf, tights. Also, not heels, go with boots. I got to go, I'm with Ezra right now. Good luck and tell Heath that he needs to think harder." I hear buzzing on the other line that indicates that she had hung up. I let out a breath and walk back over to my closet, picking out an outfit.

~Time skip~

I finish getting changed, doing my hair. I left my makeup how it was though, just the simple stuff that I wore to school.

Hearing a knock onthe door, I walk over to it, reaching forward and opening the wooden barrier. 

Heath stands there, an almost stoic expression on his face though I can catch a hint of a smile. I take a look over his outfit, it wasn't anything to fancy, not a suit. A simple pair of baggy jeans sat low on his waist. A black shirt clung to his chest. He was also wearing a different cologne, this one was less musky than the one he wore to school, it was a woody-er sent.