Chapter 14: what's a little alcohol going to do?

*Mika's pov. *

Lilah and I may or may not be twenty minutes late – we are. Because apparently, at night the roads are really heavy on traffic.

Once we finally arrive, we step out of the car with a newfound confidence from our jam session.

There was something about Lilah that made me instantly comfortable. I didn't feel like she would judge me for anything.

Music was echoing from Heaths house. this caused a ball of anxiety to form in my lower stomach. So, I look to Lilah.

"Are Heaths parents here or...?" I let my head tilt in the slightest.

She shakes her head. "Nope. When I talked to them about it, they said they wanted this party to be a fun one. I'm sure they'll spend time with him on his actual birthday."

"Oh, that makes sense." I give her a tentative look.

"Everything will be fine, Mika. You worry to much." Her reassuring smile makes me take a sharp breath. "I'll stay with you the whole night."

"Oh, God, thank you. Should we go in? Get this over with."

She laughs. "I bet you'll have the time of your life."

Before I know it, she's pushed me through the door and I'm the doorway, looking further into the house.

It's the same as last time I was here, except, this time it's filled with people. Lots of people.

Lilah pushes me further into the home, following my movements.

Looking at the living room, where most people were. I recognised some of the faces from a few of my classes. There also was a table with all kinds of alcohol.

Heath was turning eighteen. Maybe he was only letting people of age drink?

I turn to look at Lilah, she gives me a grin. "Do you want a drink? You don't have to, I just think It'll ease some of your nerves."

My eyes narrow as I fight myself. "Why not?"

She places her hands on my shoulder and gives a squeeze. "Good choice!" Her voice is an extreme amount of excited.

We walk over to the table, her basically pulling my arm off as she drags me along.

"You've drunk before, yeah?"

My head shakes. "No, I haven't. I mean, I've had little sips of my dad's beer or something when I was younger." I give her a small shrug.

"How about a few shots of vodka to start? I can gage your alcohol tolerance that way."

I nod, giving her a soft smile. "That sounds good."

I mean, what's a little alcohol going to do?

~Time skip~

A lot. Apparently, the answer is a lot.

It's been about an hour and a half and about six shots. From what Lilah has told me; I have a very low alcohol tolerance.

I've caught Heath starring at me a few times, I chose to ignore it until now. I'm going over there.

I walk may way over to him calmly, or what I thought was calmly.

He gives me a glare as I sit next to him. I wasn't sure what I had ever done to make him hate me so much.

"Happy birthday." My voice comes out as a low mumble.

"It isn't my birthday yet, Mika." I notice as his eyes travel down from my eyes to my lips, then to my hair and back to my eyes again. This action reminds me of this morning at work.

He almost kissed me.

How did I manage to forget that?

"Oh. Well, happy early birthday." I emphasize the word early as I sink further back into the couch.

"Mm, thank you." His mouth curls into a smirk, this action earns a confused look from me. "Mika?"

"Yes?"

"Have you been drinking?" His head tilts as he looks intently at me.

I frown. Why did this guy have to look so good. If only he had a better attitude.

"No, I haven't." A small groan leaves my lips when my stomach churns.

"Oh really? I don't think I believe you."

My arms cross. "Well, you should cause I don't lie. Never." At this, his smirk only widens.

"Sure, sure. Shall I go and ask Lilah? She won't lie."

I stop talking at this point. With another grumble I say, "fine, I might be a little drunk."

He chuckles. Freaking chuckles. With his deeper, raspy voice it sounds hot. My skin begins to heat although I'm sure it was unnoticeable due to my already flushed skin from the alcohol.

"Maybe a little, huh? You're more than a little drunk. I'll get Lilah to take you home, this isn't your kind of scene." With that, He stands and walks out of the room.

Damnit, I wanted to stay.

I let out a yet another small groan and before I know he's walking back into the room with a grumpy look on his face. When does he not have that look on his face?

"Looks like Lilah's busy. Get up. Let's go." His words are sharp.

"I can stay, I'm perfectly okay!" A small smile is all I mange before he's picked up my hands and pulling me out of the chair. "Hey!"

"Walk." He motions in front of us with his left hand. The one that's not on the small of my back.

His tone makes me obey him by walking forward and out of the house.

He leads me to a car. A fancy looking car.

"You have this and a motor bike?"

"No, I don't." His eyes roll. "It's my parents. Don't throw up on it please."

Before I can say anything more, he's opened the car door and has gently pushed me into the front seat. He rounds the car and sits in the driver's seat, starting the car and backing out.

The drive go's quickly, quietly, as nobody says a word, until I have to.

"Heath pull over." My voice whines as my stomach does the same churn as earlier.

It doesn't take long for him to catch on before he gets the car to a stop.

I quickly open the door and rush over to a near bush on the side of the road, letting my stomach contents go.

A shadow comes up behind me and I instantly know who it is.

He pulls my hair back into a ponytail with his hands, while rubbing my back gently with his free hand.

A whine exits my lips. "This is embarrassing."

"I did the same the first time I drank. You'll be fine." His tone wasn't as rude as I thought it would be, it was kind, almost comforting.

I stand up slightly straighter and face him. He lifts his jacket off his shoulders and uses the corner to wipe my mouth. "You cold?"

"No...I'm fine."

"Liar." He then drapes the jacket over my shoulders and pulls me to his chest, in a hug.

"At least you didn't do that in the car. I would've killed you." He adds with a chuckle. I laugh softly to.

I liked this side of Heath.

Authers noteee

WHAT DO WE THINK??

I don't think I wrote this very well because I have the WORST migraine rn, but I didn't want to leave you guys hanging.

Proves my love for you guys. ;)

I might go in and edit it later but for now I'm happy with it.

I also just realised that I didn't put a word count for last chapter :') So you get one this chapter.

WORD COUNT: 1252.