Chapter 40

A'ja Wilson
December 18th,2027
Columbia, South Carolina
____________________
"Honey I need you to be still. Here," I said as I handed her the iPad.
"I don't wanna. I want the ball," she whine as I sighed, annoyed. Dawn looked over and laughed.
"You giving your momma a hard time Kai pie?" She shook her head, telling a whole lie.
"Here, you wanna help me? Hold this clipboard please," I said as she happily did so. We were in practice, and Kai was clearly bored but we still had about thirty minutes to go.
"Alright let's do this last rebounding drill and then y'all can go," I said as they moved into position.
"Oh y'all thought we was doing outlet? My bad bookies. Last man standing, winner gets dibs on their hotel partner this season," I said as they got excited. They happily got into position and started. At the end, Raven won and happily let the whole gym know.
"Smallest one here out jumping y'all! Tell 'em Kai!" She said as she scooped the toddler up, who was just happy to get the attention.
"Yay Ray Ray!" She said clapping as we awed.
"You're such a sour patch kid Kai. Alright bring it in y'all. Today was really good. Y'all look tired though. I expect that y'all are all following your conditioning outside of practice as well. Let's make this season a good one. Camilla," Dawn stated as Kiah broke them down.
"Together on three. 1,2,3, Together!" They all said before Raven came over to me.
"So coach, youbtruam go get food? I was thinking Bojangles? Them Boberry biscuits be calling my name," she said as i awed.
"That do sound good. Dawnie, you wanna get food with us?" I asked as she walked over.
"I guess. How's baby doing?" She asked as she rubbed my stomach. I laughed as they kicked her hand. Yes, I was pregnant again, y/n just can't keep her damn hands to herself.
"Good, they were just being chill till you came over. Say hi god mommy," I cooed as she looked at me with a "yeah right" look.
"It's okay, you gone agree eventually,"
"I keep tryna tell you I am too old to be dealing with kids. I'll probably give myself a damn aneurysm. I'll just love the little one from afar.
"This your last kid Coach A?" Raven asked as I nodded.
"Oh yeah I'm done after this. Two kids is more than enough," I said as Dawn laughed.
"Yeah right. We'll see what y/n got to say bout that when you get home. Speaking of home, what's going on with your contract?" She asked as we got in her truck.
"I'm due April 1st and they'll give me up to 12 weeks of maternity leave. So if I have them on time, I would be able to return by July, but that's so late. Realistically I'll Probably do the same thing I did with Kai and take my 6 weeks to heal and then I'll be work my way back to be ready by June. I said as she nodded.
"Just don't overwork yourself A. You know imma let you know if you do, right?" She said as I smiled.
"And that's why I love you girl," we pulled up to Bojangles and ordered our food before deciding to eat in the car instead of going back to campus first.
"It's like a reward," Raven mocked the TikTok sound as she stuffed her face with food.
"Damn you was hungry huh?" I teased as Kai popped my hand.
"Bad word mommy," I laughed as she did so.
"See your mom be needling a whoop on huh Kai?" Raven said as she nodded making us laugh.
"So when are you finding out the gender?" Dawn asked as I shook my head, dipping my chicken into the sauce.
"We're not. We're gonna wait till I give birth," I said as she nodded.
"But y'all chose a name already right? That's a power move!" She said as I laughed.
"Yup, Alijah Michelle if it's a girl, Saint Mitchell If it's a boy," she smiled showing all thirty two when I said that.
"You being for real? You not playing with me right A'ja?" She asked as I nodded.
"It's only right, you've done so much for me and you genuinely mean the world to me Dawnie," I said as Raven awed, recoding Us.
"So sweet," she said as Dawn waved her off, hugging me.
"I hope you know that means everything to me A'ja. I gotta call y/n tomorrow and thank her.
"I still can't believe that little girl who didn't even want to sweat when I first met her has bloomed into this beautiful women. An amazing mom, wonderful career, about to be married. I couldn't have wished for a better life for you," she said as it was my turn to now smile.
"You know I'm always appreciating your prayers over me and my family. Seriously you know I joke about you being my second mom, but seriously you are that one. I'm so lucky my kids will be able to witness you too," I complimented as she rubbed my belly.
"Always A,"

————————————

A'ja Wilson-Valentine
April 21st, 2028
New York, New York
_________________
"For the first round, number one overall pick, the Las Vegas Aces select Raven Johnson from South Carolina," Cathy Announced as I cheered loudly. She shook her hand and she took pictures before doing her wide interview with Holly, and making her way back to her table. We sat through the other two South Carolina draftees, before I excused myself to go feed Saint. I found the bathroom, and maneuvered my top so he could latch, and sighed in relief.
"You were hungry huh, man?" I cooed as he stared into my eyes. He had the cutest face ever, looking just like y/n, and I was genuinely obsessed. Once he was finished I fixed myself and burped him before joining the party outside. I looked around for Y/n before I finally locked eyes with her. She was watching Kai as she danced with Raven. Since I coached at USC, they got super close, and Kai was like Raven's little shadow. She wanted to do everything she did, including dye her hair red, which was a definite no, but still very cute. I joined them at the table and hugged Raven tightly.
"I'm so damn proud of you, teammate," I said as she smiled brightly.
"Thanks coach," she said making me laugh.
"We gotta get you outta that habit heifer training camp next week bookie," I said as she laughed. Dawn reached over grabbing Saint and I left her cause his chunky but was heavy!
"Look at my baby! You so cute," she sis beige he started to spit up and she passed him right back.
"Aht spit up on your mama not on me," she said making me laugh. I used the burp cloth to wipe his mouth and held him up.
"Say you was shaking me all up Dawnie. I just ate," I cooed in my baby voice as he grabbed my face.

"So Ray, what's your plans for tonight? How we celebrating?" I asked as she shrugged

"I didn't even think that far I'm just so happy," she said as I smiled. I was happy for her. She worked her ass off coming back from injuries and what not. She deserves it. I passed Alijah to Y/n as the draft ended and we walked down to the elevator to leave. Coach Staley looked over at me a nudged my shoulder.
"Remember when this was you?" She said as we watched Raven interact with the rest of her draft class.
"Yeah. Time flies," I responded as I looked at y/N and the kids.
"Yup, now you're living your dreams. All cause you bet on yourself, and allowed her to steal your heart,"she said as I smiled. She was right. This was my fairy tail ending.

NOW...we are officially done, The End.
Excuse all errors
A'jah