Chapter 6

Y/N Valentine
May 20th, 2023
Los Angeles, California
___________________
"okay Chels, just let me know when you wanna do it," I said as we talked about our TikTok's. It was something I had the whole team, besides Jackie shy self doing now lol.
"Hey Y/N, come walk with me," A'ja said as we got off the bus. I nodded and grabbed the bag following her into the hotel. We check in and got our keys, our rooms being right next to each other.
"What's up A? You feeling better?" She asked as we walked into my room.

A'ja Wilson
May 20th, 2023
Los Angeles, California
___________________
"Yeah I just wanted to talk to you. Come here," I said patting the bed. She sat next to me. I leaned in her shoulder sighing.
"I'm so happy we met each other Y/N. Your seriously one of the sweetest people I've ever met," I started off as she wrapped her arm around my shoulder.
"Yeahh I've been told that once or twice," she joked making me chuckle.
"But no seriously. I've never felt this way before but I like you. A lot. I don't expect the feelings to be reciprocated or anything but I just had to get that off of my chest. Balls in your court lovergirl," I finished off looking her in her eyes. She didn't say anything but she smiled. She leaned down and kissed my cheek.
"If you think I don't like you back, I got a beach house I can sell you in Idaho," she said making me smack my lips and shoved her.
"So now what?" I said as she shrugged.
"Well I don't want you to make it easy on me baby A. Lemme court you for a whole and we can take it from there," she said as I blushed.
"Okay. See your so sweet," I said as she laughed. My phone started buzzing making me sigh. It was Lish.
"Hey lish, wassup?"
"Hey bookie, look who I am with," she leaned over and coach Dawn was with her.

"Awe hey coach. What y'all doing?"
"Nothing at This charity event. What you doing?" She asked as I looked up at Y/N, asking her if she was okay with me showing her. she laughed and nodded as I panned the camera up.
"With Y/N, we just made it to the hotel in LA," Dawn shook her head.
"You did what I told you?" I laughed and nodded.
"Yeah coach. We talked," I said as she nodded.
"Well I can't wait to meet you Ms. Y/N. You need to take me on a date before you can date my A'ja," she teased as y/n's eyes lit up.
"Me take out THE Dawn Staley? Of course," she said laughing.
"Oh I heard a special someone is coming to watch y'all play today," Allisha said as I looked confused.
"Listen I can't take no more
surprises this week lish. Who is it?" She laughed and hung up.
"Raggedy bitch," I mumbled as I sat up and stretched my arms out.
"Where you going?" She asked as she looked up from her phone.
"No where. Ouu not you clingy," I said as she laughed and nodded.
"Real bad," I laughed leaning back in her. This time looking at her face.
"Your so pretty y/n," I said absentmindedly. She blushed a little.
"I've actually never been called pretty before. That kinda hit different not gone lie," she said as I smiled holding her face.
"A?"
"Yeah?"
"Can I kiss you?" She asked as I giggled nodding. She lifted my chin and gently pecked my lips. I smiled in the kiss before pulling away.
"You taste like jolly ranchers," I said as she laughed pulling some out of her pocket.
"Girl! Anyways, we gotta get ready for shoot around,"

—————————————————

"Jay I can't make this up!" I heard Y/N say as she walked out of her room at the same time as me.
"Uh huh. Yeah just text me when you make it here. Alright bet," she hung up and finally looked up seeing she was on the elevator with me.
"You suck at watching your surroundings girl," I said as she laughed nodding.
"Yeah I be all in my head. Imma do better though gotta focus on this beauty infront of me," she said making me blush.
"Wait I got a question," I said as we were nearing the first floor.
"What's up love?"
"We don't gotta switch up in front of everybody right? You still gone be my sweet lover girl?" I asked as she nodded.
"Of course Baby A. C'mere," she said pulling me in to a hug. She lifted my chin and kissed me and as she did that, the elevator dinged and someone stepped on. I opened my eyes and pulled away to see Candace standing there in shock.
"Oh I know damn well. Let me close my eyes and open them again," she said making me laugh as we pulled apart.
"Surprise?" I said as she shook her head laughing.
"Well when did this happen?" She asked as I shrugged.
"Like today?" She shook her head.
"Damn. Aye if Chelsea ask, it was last week. I'm not paying her eight hundred dollars," she said making us gasp.
"Damn not y'all was betting on us," y/n said as Candace nodded
"It's Vegas baby that's what we do," she said laughing. Soon, we finally made it to the first floor.
"Yeah it was inevitable," we laughed and walked to the court as y/n's phone rang.
"Hello? Wassup Jay. Oh okay bet, check your email for the tickets, and come to the gym," she sis Denice hanging up.
"Jay and Rui came to watch?" I asked as she nodded.
"Yeah they brought some guests too," I nodded and we made it to the gym. We met everybody else and started shoot around before I looked over at y/n dapping up her friends, but someone else had my attention.
"Oh my babiesss," I cooed as I ran over to get Deuce and Ace.

"Who got dogs?" Sydney asked as everybody attention was now brought to me and the puppies.
"Me and Y/n. Meet Ace & Deuce," I said as Chelsea scoffed.
"Y'all got something to tell us?" Chelsea asked as everybody else giggled.
"Naw we ain't got nun to tell yall," I said as I chuckled.
"Aht. I caught them in the elevator. Tell them what y'all was doin'," Candace said as I laughed. I shook my head as she laughed.
"They was Kissin'!" She said making the whole team gasp and laugh in shock.
"Snitch. We're datingggg I guess you can say," I said as Y/n came back over and joined us.
"What we talkin bout?" She asked picking up Ace.
"Us," I said as she laughed.
"Oh damn really?"
"Yeah. So how long this been going on," Alysha asked as I laughed. In peeked at Candace who was begging.
"Ehh like a week or so," I lied as Chels huffed.
"Shoot out for the $800?" She asked Candace who shook her head.
"Uh un. I take cash, cashapp, Zelle, and Apple Pay," she said as everybody laughed. Soon it was time to go back to the locker room, so we gave Rui and Jay the boys and headed back to prepare for the game.

Excuse all errors
Omg This is the most consistent I've been with any book. Kinda scary 🫣
A'jah 🫶🏽