Chapter 38

Y/n Valentine
June 6th,2027
Las Vegas, Nevada
________________
"A'kai Riyadh!" I scolded the toddler as I caught her drawing on the walls with marker. She jumped, as I scared her and started crying.
"Aht, you don't get to cry. You know better mama," I said as I took the marker from her. A'ja came into the playroom and gasped.
"Kai, why are you drawing on mommy's walls?" She said as she picked her up.
"Wipe your face cry baby. I'm sorry for yelling, but you can not draw on the walls okay?" I said as I kissed her cheek.
"I'm sorry," she said as I sighed.
"It's alright pumpkin,"
"Go sit in the living room and pick a movie. Pawpaw and Granny should be here soon " A said as she sat her on her feet and she ran away excitedly.
"I don't know what we're gonna do with her," she said making me laugh.
"Your parents are in town?" I asked as she nodded, helping me wipe the wall.
"Yeah they flew in for their anniversary but of course they want to stop by to see Kai." She said rolling her eyes. It was no secret that A'ja was a complete baby when it came to her parents, but that all changed when she became pregnant with Kai. As soon as she was brought home, Kai took precedent over their baby girl.
"Awe don't get jealous baby A," I teased as she side eyed me.
"Anyways, what day do you go back home?" She said as I grabbed the paper towel to toss in the trash.
"My flight leaves tomorrow night, we got a game in Seattle, so lucky me," I said sarcastically.
"You'll be fine," the doorbell rang and Kai shrieked in excitement.
"Pawpaw!" She said as we walked down to open the door. A's parents stood on the other side smiling just as big.
"Is that my Kai pie? You got so tall girl," Roscoe said as he dropped his phone on the loading, and picking up A'kai.
"Hi pawpaw," she said enamored.
"Wow no love for granny I see. Hey A, how you doing baby," she greeted her daughter.
"I'm good mama, how are you?"
"Taking it a day at a time. Oh y/n, I haven't seen you in a minute, how are you sweetheart?" She asked as she hugged me.
"I'm doing good, just answering to my little boss over there and what not," I said as we all laughed. It was the truth though. We were all apart of Team A'kai, and she was the coach, GM, president, and owner. They hung around for about thirty more minutes before A'kai fell asleep and they were heading off to enjoy their vacation.
"I love that for them. They definitely deserve it," I said as we talked about her parents' heavy traveling this year.
"I know right? I can't wait till the off season. I wanna take her to Disney," she said as I nodded.
"Give me a date and I'll book it," I said as she nodded.
"I lowkey wanna go to Cancun or something," she said as I shrugged.
"Like I said let me know and I'll book it. Or matter of fact just let me know the ticket and I'll Zelle you," I said as she smiled.
"Okay big bands," she teased as I laughed.
"You know I got my maxed out vet contract. Big money for real," I said laughing.
"Get on my nerves. Did you tell Kai that your leaving tomorrow?" She asked as I shook my head.
"Naw imma tell her in a little. Wanna do me a huge favor?" I asked as she side eyed me.
"What?"
"Can you do my hair? Pleaseeee," I asked as she groaned.
"No," I gasped as I wrapped my arms around her waist.
"What? Why not?" I said as she laughed looking at my hair.
"You know I don't like doing hair. What imma get in return?" She said as I chuckled, rubbing her back.
"What you want?" I said looking up at her. She blushed hard, covering her face.
"Stop looking at me like that," she whined.
"Like what?" I asked, as she laughed nervously.
"Like you wanna eat me,"
"Oh yeah that's valid. I definitely do," I said as she laughed pushing me away .
"What? You not gone let me eat it?" I asked as she shook her head.
"I'll do your lil funky ass hair,"
"So you gone give me some?" I asked as she shrugged.
"Depends on how I'm feeling. What you want done?" She asked as she walked to Kai's room to check on her.
"Ion know. What you think will look good on me?" I asked as she laughed.
"You look good with any hairstyle Y/n/n," I nodded smiling.
"We can just do a regular retwist, ion need a style," I told her as she nodded, grabbing the hair products out of her bathroom.
"Come on," she waved me over. I sat between her legs groaning.
"Damn my body too old," I complained as she laughed, starting my hair. After a good forty five minutes she finished majority and decided to take a break.
"Y'all look what she got me doing. Last time I checked I was a basketball player not a cosmetologist," I heard her say making me tryna Rouen to see her recording me.
"Chill," I said covering the camera. She giggled, as she stopped recording.
"Gimme a kiss," I said as she looked at me like I was crazy.
"Uh no?"she said as she leaned forward to part my hair. I ignored her and asked again.
"Give me a kiss, please?" I said as she laughed.
"No, we are not together y/n," she said making me sigh.
"I know that A, you can't blame me for trying," I said as it was her turn to sigh.
"Listen I didn't mean it like that y/n. I just want to do things the right way," she said as I nodded.
"I feel you. Just give me another chance?" I asked as she nodded.
"Of course lovergirl," she said as she finished up my hair. Once she was done she told me to turn around she she could look. I faced her as she maneuvered my head around.
"You look good boo," she told me as I smiled making her blush.
"What? I ain't even say nothing," I plead as she giggled.
"Exactly that's why I'm laughing," she said before we stared at each other. She leaned in and I couldn't help myself. I kissed her, grabbing her jaw and holding it. She moaned, pulling away.
"You're so tempting," she said as I chuckled.
"Ian even do nothing mama. Come on, we gotta figure out something for dinner," I said tapping her thighs. She laughed following me to the kitchen.
"Can you feed the boys? I'll start cooking," she said as I nodded heading to her pantry to grab their food.
"What you cooking?" I asked as I filled their bowls and called them to come eat.
"I'm thinking Chicken, potatoes, and broccoli?" She said as I nodded.
"That sounds good. I'm gonna go wake up baby girl," I said as I went to Kai's room. She was already up though, occupied with her iPad.
"Hey baby girl, you wanna come hang out with me and mommy?" I asked brushing her curls back out of her face.
"No thank you," she said as I laughed, caught off guard.
"That's crazy Kai! You don't wanna hang with us?" I said as she shook her head.
"I watch bluey," she said as I nodded.
"Okay boo. Come get us if you need us," I said before pressing a kiss onto her forehead. My baby was growing up too fast. No way she doesn't want to hang out with us, me. I joined A back in the kitchen as she was seasoning the chicken breast.
"She up?" She asked as is he noticed me walk in.
"Yeah, she was already up watching Bluey. Get this though, I asked if she wanted to come hang out with us and she said no. Not once but twice," I told her as she gasped, before laughing.
"Wow! She said skip us for that dang on iPad huh?"
"Uh huh. She's in there watching Bluey. You want some help?" I asked as she looked up shaking her head.
"Hell nah. You can't do nothing in my kitchen but watch and eat," she said making me laugh.
"I can cook!" I protested as she shook her head.
"You got breakfast food I'll give you that. That's it though," she said as I smacked my lips.
"Watch this," I pulled out my phone, calling Zia who answered on the third ring.
"Yo?" She said as she covered her camera.
"Woah, where you at?" I said being nosey. She laughed and I heard her tell someone to be quiet before she moved her hand, letting me see her face.
"Wassup Y/n/n?" She said smiling.
"Aht! Who you with, sneaky?" I said as she laughed harder.
"Don't worry bout it. Question is where you at? That ain't your house," she said as I nodded.
"I'm at A'ja house. Now answer my question punk," I said as she rolled her eyes.
"I'm chilling with my girl. How can I help you, mom?" She said sarcastically.
"I just need you to answer a question real quick. Remember that night I cooked for you and my sister? Wasn't it good?" I asked as she nodded.
"Oh yeah it was fire. Why wassup?"
"Nah cause A'ja tryna play me like I can't cook," I said as she smacked her lips coming into the camera view.
"I stand on what I said Zi, y'all just caught her on a lucky day," she said as Zia laughed.
"I mean you lived with her so you would know," she said as A nodded.
"Exactly. Well imma let you gone head and be sneaky. I'll see you tomorrow Twin," I said as we hung up.
"So guess what Dawn texted me today," A started as I put my phone down to listen.
"Wassup?"
"She basically said that South Carolina wants to offer me an assistant coaching job during the post season. Granted my time there would depend on how playoffs go, but they're offering me $2.5 million," she said as I smiled.
"Oh that's big A. Congrats, are you taking it?" I asked as she scoffed.
"Hell yeah, that's good money and I get to coach with Dawn. That's like the perfect moment," she said as she placed the chicken in the oven and started on the potatoes. She seasoned them and placed them in the pan, before doing the same with the broccoli. Once the food was finally finished, we all sat in the living room, eating and watching Kai's favorite movie, Princess and the Frog. This was a moment that I would cherish forever. Being with my girls, there not much else I could ask for.

Excuse all errors
A'jah 🤍