Chapter 12

Y/N Valentine Las Vegas, NevadaJuly 19th, 2022________________" Don't tell me to stop checking on you," I said as Candace laughed on the other end

Y/N Valentine
Las Vegas, Nevada
July 19th, 2022
________________
" Don't tell me to stop checking on you," I said as Candace laughed on the other end.
"Im fine Valentino. Im living large for real, y'all should be jealous," she said as I smacked my lips.
"Girl bye! But no I'm glad. Go ahead and rest up Can, A'ja looking at me crazy right now cause we supposed to be watching a movie," I said as she gave me the meanest side eye ever.
"Oh tell A I don't want no smoke. Haha, I'll talk to you later Y/N," I hung up as she sighed.
"Finallyyy. Y'all know y'all can talk, jeez," A complained as I laughed, kissing her head.
"Come here and stop complaining boo," I said as she wrapped her arms around my torso, after pressing play.
"Wait I'm sorry one more thing and I'll shut up. Have you talked to your parents today?" I asked as she nodded slowly.
"Yeah, why?" I shook my head.
"No reason just wanted to make sure they're doing okay," I told her. She looked at me and smiled.
"Your such a sweetheart, now shh,"I laughed and got comfortable as we watched Insidious. ————————————————

"Look, take the picture!" A said as I laughed looking at the boys.

"Y'all too cool for me," I said as I pushed them through target

"What are we here to get A'ja?" I asked as she was stopping to look at every damn thing in the store. And this was he Ben regular target, it was a super target.
"Relax babe, just vibe," she said as she toss something into the basket.
"Oh brother. We finna be here all day," I said dramatically.
"Yup, and you better n-,"
"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry if I'm interrupting, I just wanted to come say Hi, you've been my favorite player for like ever and I'm so happy your in Vegas now," a young girl no older then like twelve said as she looked to me with bright eyes. I smiled so hard. This is my reason why. I hugged the young girl tightly.
"Thank you so much. You really made my day. Did you want to get a picture?" I asked as she nodded squeezing with her friends. I took a selfie with them and they thanked me.
"That was so cute y/n," A'ja said as I realized she was recording me.
"I know they're so sweet," I followed her around for literally an hour before we left and went back home.
———————————————
"Bro I'm never watching a scary movie with your ass again!" I said as A'ja damn near jumped out her skin when I walked in the living room, startling her.
"That's You sneaking around!" She contested as she laughed it off.
"Mmhm. Lish called me, she said she wanna go live with you," I told her as she side eyed me.
"Not y'all having conversationssss. My babies growing upppp," she said fake crying as I mushed her.
"Not too much Riyadh," she laughed as I joined her on the couch.
"Where the boys at?" I asked noticing it was quiet, which isn't normal with Ace and Deuce.
"Oh Terri came and pick them up for us so we don't have to rush and drop 'em off tomorrow,"
"Oh okay. I'll have to send her an edible arrangement or soomethinh cause lord knows I ain't wanna be up at the ass crack of dawn," I said and A's phone started ringing.
"Speak of the devils name and she shall appear. Hey dawnie boo, what's up?" She said answering the FaceTime call.
"Well hello, yes coach is still alive, not sick anymore, thanks for calling and checking on me," dawn said as I snickered.
"Get her Coach Staley," I said as she gasped.
"Is that my y/n? Pass her the phone," A'ja gasped dramatically as I too the phone from her.
"Heyyy, how's life?" I asked leaning on A'ja who tried to push me off but Dawn caught her.
"I'm going well, A'ja keep your hands to yourself. Well I hope y'all are doing well, enjoying y'all's break. I just wanted to call and check on my babies," I smiled so hard at that moment. Dawn Staley, the fucking legend, called to check on my well being. Ain't that something.
"Alright, I'll call you later,"
"You better! Don't make me come to Vegas and kick your ass Riyadh. I got plenty of flight miles I need to use up," she said jokingly. That was something I noticed even more while dating A'ja. Everyone sees their close bond on public, but behind closed doors, it was the same. It was all so authentic and I appreciate that the most. Dawn was literally a second mom to A.
"Let's watch a movie before practice,"
"Okay, what movie you thinking baby?" I honestly didn't care, but I wanted to fuck with her.
"Love and basketball," I said as she smacked her lips.
"Hell no! That movie is terrible Noël. We done had this talk before," she said making me laugh.
"I know I know. I just wanted to see your reaction. But uhh, what about prices and the frog?" Her eyes lit up like a kid in the candy store.
"Ooou yes! Turn the movie on, we only got two hours to spare," I laughed as we started the movie and cuddled together.

Excuse all errors
A'jah 🫶🏽