Chapter 21

A'ja Wilson August 6th, 2023Washington, D

A'ja Wilson
August 6th, 2023
Washington, D.C.
_________________

We walked into the locker room and man I was TIRED. I sat down and drank some more water before getting myself together.
"A when we done imma head out and talk to some fans, you coming?" Chelsea asked. I nodded still getting dress.
"Yeah that's cool. Y/n, can you pass me that hair tie," she tossed me one and set her phone down.
"Aye Syd, what we doing for yo birthday?" She asked as Syd smiled.
"Well since you askedddd,"
"Oh lord" the entire team said in unison making everybody laugh.
"I was just finna say let's get drunk and watch men's girls, but y'all are the mean girls, sheesh!" She dramatized.
"Girl please you know I'm in there, that's my movie!" I said as I stood up, stretching my back.
"Lover girl, you good?" I asked as I realized y/n was being kind of short with everybody.
"Yeah just thinking about a lot," she said. I wrapped my arms around her comfortingly.
"You'll be okay I promise. We can talk later okay?" She nodded and we rejoined everybody else's conversation.
"Alright you ready A?" I nodded and walked out with Chelsea and Y/N. We all separated, talking to fans in different areas and I swear this was my reason why. Everyone I met was so sweet and supportive and motivated me for next game. I felt a tap on my shoulder as I was signing a young girls jersey.
"One second love," I said absentmindedly. Once I finished I handed it to her, thanking her again for her support, before turning around to what I thought was a fan, but it was Tasha Cloud.
"A'ja long time no speak. How you been girl?" She asked I smiled because she was so nice and friendly. I definitely read her last message wrong.
"I've been good, just taking it a day at a time. You know life be lifing," I said as she laughed a little.
"Don't I know it. And don't you look beautiful, the shorts are definitely fitting you right," she said i cringed internally. I said a small thank you before looking for y/n I spotted her and we made eye contact, causing her to walk towards me.
"Well I'm gonna head out of here beautiful, but definitely get back to me and text me whenever you wanna link up," she said just as y/n approached.
"Uh, okay. See you," was all I was able to muster up.
"You good baby?" Y/n asked as we asked away. I shouldn't bring this to her, right? I don't even know if I read the situation right. Yeah it's no harm.
"Yeah I'm good, just ready to go," we left the arena, joining our team on the bus and headed to the airport. This was the one thing I hated about traveling, because we were now on the way Back home but we don't have much time to rest before we play Dallas.
—————————————
"Mama, you hungry?" Y/n asked as we sat. At our gate. We still had about a half hour before our flight would start boarding so we had time to spare.
"Yeah, what you getting?" I asked as I leaned on her shoulder.
"Probably Salata, you want something from there or something else?" She asked, kissing the top of my head.
"Ooh that sounds good. Just get a large salad and we can share it," I said as she laughed.
"You just wanna eat off my plate. Alright baby, you coming with me, or you staying here?"
"I'll stay here, I'm so tired bae," I expressed with a sigh.
"I know mama. We finna be home in a little bit," she said as she stood up.
"I'll be quick," she pressed a kiss to my lips. I sighed now leaning on my hands since y/n was gone.
"A, you good?" Jackie asked as I sighed nodding.
"Yeah just exhausted. I need to be deep sleep right now," I said as she nodded.
"I feel you on that. Where y/n go?" She asked noticing we were missing a teammate.
"She went to Salata. Im storied no one else got up to get food," I took in everyone who was lounging around the gate area.
"We Tired too. Shit I'm finna take me a good ass plane nap, you feel me," Lysha said as we all agreed. Shortly, y/n returned with a bag and a drink.
"Here boo," she said handing me the bag. She sat next to me, placing a straw in the drink and taking a sip.
"You ain't get 'em a drink?" I asked as she smirked.
"Naw i got us one to share baby A,"she said as I smiled a little.
"What did you get?" I asked as I couldn't see through the cup.
"I got lemonade. I know you like the back of my hand A," she said shutting me up. I just smiled taking a sip. I opened the salad, placing it on my lap so we both had access and we ate. After eating we still had at least thirty minutes till we boarded so I took that time to sleep with my my legs across y/n's lap, and my head tucked in her neck. Ultimate comfortability.  Soon it was time to board and we did so smoothly. I decided to post a picture of me and A in honor of our birthday's.