Chapter 11

A'ja Wilson July 22nd, 2023Las Vegas, Nevada_______________

A'ja Wilson
July 22nd, 2023
Las Vegas, Nevada
_______________

"Baby, do me a favor and bring those shoes I left last time. My new ones need to be broke in and I can't take sore feet today," I said as I sat on FaceTime with Y/N.
"Okay. Why I can see your face ma'?" She asked as I laughed.
"I'm watching TikTok's bookie. You miss me?" I asked as I unpaused her, and maximized her screen.
"Always baby. So I'm thinking, you know Becky and 'nem giving us that lil three day break after the game next Saturday, you wanna take a lil mini vacation?" She asked as I shrugged.
"Yeah that sounds really nice actually. Where you thinking?"
"Mm probably somewhere fun, like Houston or Miami, ion know," she said, applying Vaseline to her lips.
"Damn you look real good over there big sexy," I joked as she gave me the straightest face ever.
"I'm finna hang up,"
"Wait no, okay I'm done I swear," I could barely hold in my laughter. Deuce jumped on the couch next to me, climbing in my lap.
"Hey baby, say hi to your mama," I said as he was all in my camera. Y/n laughed at me saying that.
"Uh un not you tryna baby mama me,"
"Don't be like that," I teased.
"Yea yeah. I'm finna take a nap baby A, you wanna come over here and take one with me?" She asked as I thought about it. She lived kinda far but I really did wanna be up under her.
"Yeah we finna come. Don't fall asleep yet, wait for me," I said as I stood up,l and walked to my room, with Deuce On my tail.
"Damn deuce gimme some room,"
"Uhhh why I gotta wait. Just use the code to get in," she whined like a damn baby.
"Come on bae, just wait,"I pleaded.
"Fineeee, hurry up," I grabbed my bag for practice tomorrow, and deuce's stuff before hooking his leash and walking out.
"I'm on my way now, I'll be there in fifteen," I said as she nodded, climbing into bed.
"Y/N Noël. Don't lay down cause you gone fall asleep on me," I said as she laughed.
"You know me so well. Just hurry up baby A," I sped off heading to her. Deuce climbed in my lap, and I laughed at how spoiled he was acting, knowing damn well soon as we get around Ace he gone say skip me. They are the true definition of brotherly love. Soon as we pulled up I looked at my phone seeing the screen had went on pause. I just know Y/N ass fell asleep. I shook my ear as I pulled into the parking garage, using her guest parking space. I grabbed all of Ace and I'd belongings and got out, entering the elevator to the thirteenth floor. Once I made it to her floor, I entered her apartment code, and walked in. Ace ran into the living room and his tail started wagging as he and Deuce happily barked and jumped all over each other.
"Y'all calm down. Y'all acting like y'all ain't seen each other on years," I said as I sat down my bags and set up Deuce's food and water bowl.
"Alright you two be good. No rough housing," I said as I walked into Y/N's room. Sure enough she was sleeping like a baby. I laughed and undressed, climbing into bed with her. I kissed her cheek, laying on her chest and starting to scroll through twitter. After a while I got bored with that, and switched to Pinterest. After about ten minutes I started to get tired and decided to just take a nap.
————————————
"Okay, we'll that's fine. I'm just saying I don't want to have contact with her, or any of them for that matter. No granny, it's not that simple. Your daughter is evil as hell," I woke up to y/n on the phone with someone. I stretched out a little, letting her know I was awake. She looked down and pressed a kiss to my forehead.
"I hear you granny. Mmkay, I love you, bye," she hung up and smiled, acknowledging me.
"Hey pretty girl," I blushed like always.
"Hi baby, what time is it?" I asked as I sat up.
"It's like 5. I missed you," she said pressing a sweet kiss to my lips.
"I missed you more, you sleep good?" I nodded as she went and opened the door, and the boys came running in.
"Hey babies. Bae, you gone cook?" I asked as she scoffed, walking into the bathroom.
"No, we can go out or you can cook," she said as she used the bathroom.
"Noëlllll," I whined out as I dodged Ace who tried to kiss my face.
"Riyadhhhhh," she whined back as she washed her hands.
"Ugh fine! What you tryna have?" I asked as I unlocked my phone. It rang in the midst of me doing so and I saw a text come through...from Te'a?

Te'a : you need to talk to your mom. She's truly sorry and she wants to mend your relationship.

What? My mom and I had a great relationship. And why the hell was she texting me like we cool. Another notification came through from instagram and thats when I realized I had picked up Y/N's phone, and not mine. I say hers back down and picked up mine instead, dialing Jackie.
"Jack! What you doing bookie," I said as she answered the FaceTime call.
"Hey A, I'm leaving the gym wassup?" She said as she got into her car.
"Like always. What you doing after practice tomorrow? I kind a wanna shop?" I said as y/n walked in, sitting back next to me.
"Yeah that's cool, I need some new pieces. Oh hey Valentinoooo," Jackie said as Y/n came into view waving,"
"Jack attackkkk, wassup?" She greeted, picking up her phone. She made the same expression I did before swiping the notification away and opening instagram.
"What y'all finna get into?" Jackie asked after propping me up in her dashboard.
"Nothing figure out dinner and chill in the house,"
"Oh alright. Well I'll see y'all tomorrow," we hung up and I looked to Y/N.
"You okay baby?" I asked seeing her clinched jaw. I caressed her face as she slowly released it.
"Yeah just saw some bullshit. I know the whole fiasco with Te'a and what not. But besides that you not cool with her no more right?" She asked as I laughed.
"Naw. her doing that definitely was the icing on the cake for me. Why?" I asked as I snapped some pictures of myself just because.
"Cause ion want her weird ass no where near me. You remember All star when I got that phone call?" She said as she pulled me on to her lap.
"Yeah, you ready to talk about it?" I said, rubbing the back of her neck.
"Mmm I love when you do that," she said, placing a kiss on my jaw.
"Anyways, ever since I was maybe eight years old, my mom stopped being just that...my mom. We lived in Oakland growing up, but she would make it her mission every chance she got to drop my by my grandmother's house forty minutes away. Just because she didn't want to have me in her presence. Once I was twelve, she disappeared all together. The last time i saw her in person was two years ago. I bumped into her while walking in L.A. she had a whole mother kid. The girl was maybe ten years old at best. She had her right after she stopped giving a damn about me," she said as I sighed. I know that shit gotta hurt.
"Damn baby, I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how that shit made you feel," I whispered as she nodded and a lone tear fell. Watching that broke my heart.
"Yeah it's fucked up cause the whole time she was gone I kept looking for her. Writing letters hoping I'd be able to give them to her. Whole time she had started another family and said fuck me. I'm pretty sure Te'a ass gave her my damn number, Now she calling cause wants something to do with me. After 12 years," she said wiping her face.
"Don't cry baby. Here, you wanna go make some strawberry cake?" I asked as she screwed her face up.
"Ew no. Yellow with chocolate icing," she combated. I didn't even care though, whatever to take her mind off of her situation, even if only for forty minutes.
Excuse all errors
A'jah 🫶🏽