Chapter 37

Y/n Valentine
June 5,2027
Las Vegas, Nevada
_______________
"I'm walking in now. Y'all still in the locker room?" I asked Jackie as I walked into Michelob ultra Arena.
"Yeah, you got like five minutes though," she said as I showed the ticket guy my screen.
"Okay go ahead, I'll see y'all in a sec," I said before hanging up. I found my seat, right by the Aces bench and sat down waiting. I heard a few screams as the Jumbotron showed my face.
"Lord," I waved before they moved it on someone else, and timed perfectly because they ran out to shoot and warm up. I cheered with the crowd as A ran right by me not even seeing me. It took for Becky to see me and she smiled brightly.
"Valentino, long time no see," she said hugging me.
"Becca Lynn, you look good girl!" I said as she did a pose making us laugh. Before I could get anything else out, I saw A'kai walking with Natalie and couldn't help myself. I ran behind her and scooped her up, kissing her cheek.
"Mama!" She said excitedly.
"Hi sweet girl," I said before setting her on the floor.
"Wanna help me surprise mommy?" I said noticing that A was still locked in and hadn't saw me yet. She nodded and I handed her the flowers and picked her up. I walked and stood next to Becky who did a double take before laughing.
"Word of advice?" She said as I nodded.
"That girl really loves you y/n. Y'all will get it together eventually so don't worry," she said, patting my back. I nodded as a smile crept in my face.
"Hey beck are w- oh my gosh," she said as she saw us. She covered her mouth, as she walked up.

"What are you doing here! Why did you tell me?" She said as I pulled her into a hug

"I wanted to surprise you pretty girl," I said as Kai handed her the flowers.
"We got you flowers mommy!" She said as A kissed her cheek.
"Thank you my love. Can you hold them for mommy while I play?" She nodded and A sighed.
"Thank you, I really appreciate this. You just made my day," shae siad, covering her mouth so the cameras couldn't read her lips. I leaned ed in an whispered in her ear.
"Always mama, now go kick ass," I said as we pulled apart and she walked back on the court. Becky looked at me and pointed as of to say, 'I told you so'. I waved her off, laughing cause she was right.

———————————————
"I can't believe you! Why did you tell me you were coming? we were on the phone for literally an hour," A whined and I wrapped my arms around her, hugging her. Chelsea looked up and gasped. She pointed at us shaking her head.
"Wait a damn minute. Y'all was on the phone for an hour? Talking bout what?" She said as we both laughed.
"Listen we were being parents," I said as she side eyed us.
"Uh huh. They finna get back together," she said look at Jackie who nodded.
"Y'all irritating,"A'ja said as Jackie laughed.
"Yet you damn near on her lap? It's okay A. We know y'all meant to be," she said as A, pulled away.
"Jack don't be a haterrrr," I said, pulling A back. She laughed before grabbing her phone and sitting.
"Oh shoot. I need to call my Dawn, I forgot to ask her what day to come," she said as she typed away. I felt eyes on me, causing me to look up and Jackie was recording us.
"Look at themmm," she said causing A to look up.
"Dawg your annoyinggg," she said covering her face. I laughed as A'kai ran in with Becky.
"Mama look," she said holding up a big ass sucker.
"Where did you get that Kai?" A'ja asked and she pointed at Becky.
"Dang you just gone sell me out?" Becky said as she picked up Kai, tossing her in the air. She burst out into a fit of giggles making me smile. We had such a good village around her, and she was so loved. That's literally all I could ever ask for.
"Alright, you ready to go home baby girl?" I asked Kaia's I tapped A's thigh for her to get up so I could stand.
"Yes! I wanna take you and Acey with me," she said as she held Ace's leash.
"Ask mommy," I said putting the ball in her court. She looked at me with a "you not slick" face as Kai asked.
"Please mommy?" A'ja rolled her eyes nodding.
"Sure pumpkin," she gritted through her teeth as Kai got excited.
"Okay. Bye Nugget, bye telsea ," she said hugging Jackie and Chelsea.
"Bye Kai pie," Jackie said as Chelsea smiled.
" the day she says my name right I might cry," she hugged Becky last before we were off.
—————————
"You letting me sleep with you? Or you want me on the couch?" I asked as we walked into A'ja's house.
"You can sleep with me y/n. Don't get no ideas though," she posted at me as I tossed my hands up.
"You got it boss," I laughed. We put Kai in the bath tub and read her a bedtime story, but she was already knocked out half way through. We both left m, gently closing her door and heading to the room. I took off my t shirt, changing into some shorts and leaving on my sports bra. A disappeared for a while before coming back in some shorts and a large shirt. As a matter of fact...
"Is that mine?" I asked As I recognized the familiar clothing item. She smiled, clicking off the lamp.
"Good night," I laughed, climbing in next to her and getting comfortable. Just as I was about to fall asleep, I heard A say something.
"Can you not be weird? Come here," she said as she cuddled into me. I wrapped my arms around her as she threw one of her legs on top of mine. My hand subconsciously rested on her ass as she looked up at me.
"Good night, lover girl."
" 'night A," I responded before clicking my eyes, drifting off into sleep.

Excuse all errors
They're backkkkk👏🏽
A'jah 🤍