Chapter 9

Y/N ValentineJuly 14th, 2023Las Vegas, Nevada___________________"A, take her," I said handing the the baby

Y/N Valentine
July 14th, 2023
Las Vegas, Nevada
___________________
"A, take her," I said handing the the baby. I walked off to the locker room, ignoring everybody's questions.
"Why are you calling me?" I finally spoke to the person on the other side of the line.
"Y/N, don't be like that baby. I just wanted to call and check on you. I miss you so much," she said. If it was one thing she was good at, it's feeding me bullshit.
"Listen. I don't know why you thought shit was finna be sweet but it ain't. You are not my mother, your just the women who birthed me. Matter of fact, I would like to know who the hell even gave you my number?" I said now even more mad because that meant someone currently in my life violated my privacy. The door to the locker room opened, and I saw A'ja walk in by herself. She closed the door behind her self and sat on my lap, caressing my scalp.
"I know I haven't always been there, but I'm doing my best baby. I just needed to make sure my baby is okay. I'm living in Nevada now, so I was hoping I could come see you, maybe stay a few days down there in vegas?" There it was. I knew this shit was way too good to be true. I laughed as A'ja looked at me crazy.
"There you go. I knew you were calling for something. I don't have shit for you Debora. You can go to hell, and Tell whoever gave you my number the same," I said before hanging up. I blocked her and sighed, wrapping my arms around A.
"I'm sorry baby. Are you okay?" I asked her as she sighed.
"Me? Are you okay? You wanna talk about it?" She asked rubbing my neck.
"Honestly no, not here. Where's Kree?" I said realizing she didn't have the baby.
"Jackie had her," she said making me jump up, still holding her. She gripped me mad tightq as I did so.
"Jackie as in Jackie young? Ms. I don't do kids ?" I asked as she laughed nodding.
"Oh lord. Let's go get her before she run Jackie ass up a damn wall," I sat her back on the ground and we walked out, heading to the lounge, finding Jackie and Sydney who had Kree propped up between them and the rest of the team scattered throughout the room. Kree saw me and started clapping, trying to get to me.
"I see you baby, hold on," I said as I walked over and scooped her up. She busted out into a fit of giggles making me smile.
"She done stole somebody baby y'all. Oh lord," Candace said making everyone laugh.
"I can't help it. Look at this face," I cooed at Kree.
"So Ms. No kids ever, how was it?" I asked Jackie as she shook her head.
"I stand by what I said. No babies," she said shortly.
"Awe Jack, she was beating you up?" I asked. Before she could answer Becky came in and everybody stopped everything because she looked pissed.
"Who's baby?" She asked and we all pointed to A'ja, shit even me.
"Damn y'all," she mumbled as Becky held her hands out. I quickly gave her Kree and Kree laid on her shoulder, making us all awe in unison.
"You two," she said pointing at me and A. I already knew what this was about.
"Y'all wasn't gonna tell me before media did?" She said as I sighed.
"My bad coach. It kinda just happened," A said as I nodded, agreeing. She shook her head.
"I mean the least y'all can do is keep me in the loop. Next time one of y'all wanna have a secret relationship, make sure I'm at least one of the people in on the secret," she said as we all laughed and agreed.
"Also, A'ja the rest of your team will be here shortly, so go on ahead and figure out what you wanna do as far as all-star goes. Tomorrow morning we can get at it with practice and what not,"
"Yes ma'am, on it," she said as she typed away on her phone.
"Alright take her back before I go try to convince Brenda we need to give Sam & Cayden a sister," she said as she passed me back Kree.
"Alright the rest of you. Love ya lots, see you never," she said as she left out.
"Ooh. It was y'all getting in trouble like we in third grade all over again," Sydney said, making everyone laugh.
"Nah cause what. Anyways, I'm hungry. Y'all still got appearances to make?" I asked as I sat next to Jackie and Syd.
"I think I'm the only person left off our team," A said as I nodded.
"Well y'all wanna do team dinner after ?" Everyone agreed and we chilled out for the rest of the time while A went to handle her business. Kree had fallen asleep in my arms as everyone who passed by awed at how cute she was.

————————————
A'ja Wilson
July 15th, 2023
Las Vegas, Nevada
_________________
It was now the end of the all star game  and we let the other team have the win or whatever. I walked back on the court, looking for Y/N and I found her with the rest of the team...and Kehlani? I cheered inside as I skipped over to them. Y/N saw me first and stood up, pulling me into a huge hug.
"Hey pretty girl," she said kissing the top of my head. I blushed, hugging her back.
"Hi baby. I'm not tripping right, that's literally Kehlani?" I whispered the last part as she laughed nodding.
"Lemme take a picture if y'all real quick," she said as me and Jackie posed while she handed me Kree, who was not paying us no mind.

"Oh my goodness The A'ja Wilson. Girl you are the one!" The singer complimented as I fan girled.
"Me? You're literally Kehlani!" I said laughing as they hugged me.
"Well thank you I guess. Your girl was telling me you like my music, I wanted to stick around and thank you personally, so thank you," they said holding my hand making me blush. Y/N's jealous behind, wrapped her arms around my waist.
"Uh un Kehlani, you not finna charm my girl away from me," she joked making us all laugh.
"Sike naw, but A, they need you for the presser, you wanna take Kree?"
"Yeah I'll take her, hopefully she'll stay entertained with her little toy," I said as she nodded. I said good bye to Kehlani as they left and I walked towards the media room. Becky was walking off as I came in and she stopped me.
"Oh hi cutie. So listen. They are definitely gonna ask you about y/n. They asked my thoughts I told them it was none of my business, up to you now A," I nodded as she patted my shoulder and I joined Jewell and BG on the stage.
"Welcome A'ja and Mini human tot he stand," our media guy said as everyone laughed.
"First question is gonna be first row, to your left,"
"Hi, Nick Jennings from the Las Vegas Daily. Two questions, first, A'ja can we know who the special guest for today is?" I laughed as I propped Kree up better.
"This is my baby cousin, Kree. Kree say hi to the world," I cooed as she waved. Everyone awed, even BG mean self.
"Well it is so nice to meet you Kree. Second, I know you have to be expecting this question, you and Y/N Valentine, what's going on with you guys?" Bingo! There it is. I laughed a little as BG teased me.
"No fr had us all shook," I mushed her playfully.
"Well that's my girlfriend? Sorry it's so weird hearing her full name called out like that, and I'm not a big fan of my personal business being public," I said as everyone laughed. The next reporter asked a question and before Jewell could answer, Kree started cutting up. I looked at the the clock across the room as I tried to soothe her and realized it was way to late. She was getting  sleepy.
"Oh girl it is not your turn to talk. Shhh," I tried to say away from the microphone. She quieted down for a second so I sat back down but that was mistake. She cried even louder this time.

 "Oh my gosh where's this baby's parents!" I joked as I walked off, excusing myself

"Oh my goodness. Kree girl, if you gone cry like that on cue I might need to take you to escape media all the time," I said as I rocked her back and forth, heading to the lounge. I found y/n in there and sighed in relief.
"Baby, you ready to go? I gotta get her home she acting a fool," I asked as Chelsea and Candace giggled.
"What's funny? I missed the joke?" I asked confused.
"Nothing it's just so funny seeing you in a relationship. Voice got all soft talm bout 'baby you ready?'," Chels teased as I smack my lips.
"Anyways," I said as Y/n stood up  and started hugging them.
"Yeah I'm ready, lemme grab her bag," she grabbed my purse, that had turned into Kree's diaper bag and we said put final goodbyes before heading to my house.

Excuse all errors
A'jah 🫶🏽