Chapter 19

The next morning I woke up in my own bed. You're probably wondering why I'm not at Billies house. He kissed me, and not just any kiss on the cheek or the forehead. Nope, a full on mouth, pressed to mine. I shall replay what happened at precisely 3.46am this morning...

****

Billie came back with damp hair after washing out the drink. He ran a hand through his black mass of hair and took a seat next to me.

"So what do you think of that new teacher, Mr Sumpter?" Billie asked, glancing at me.

"He seems really nice." I could feel my cheeks reddening at the thought of Mr Sumpter. Billie nodded, then he seemed to be looking intently at something behind me. "What is it? Please don't tell me there's a spider!"

"Look at that!" he said and I turned. Theres nothing here?

"What? There's nothing ther-" I turned back round to face Billie. Instead I was met with his lips pushing me back. We kissed for about 5 seconds, I was in complete shock from his sudden move.

"BILLIE, WHAT THE FUCK?" I pushed him off me and stood up startled.

He also stood up staring at me with sad eyes, then he tried to take my hand but I snatched it away.

"Billie, I'm sorry but I don't see you that way. I didn't mean to give you the wrong impression, I love you, just not like that." I grabbed my bag and ran out of his house. Leaving him standing in his living room.

*****

Did I lead him on? I thought we were just best friends but maybe he saw us as more? I feel so stupid, I shouldn't have reacted like that but I was just a bit surprised.

I only got a few hours sleep thinking of the kiss. The temptation to pull a sicky from school was monumental. But I felt a need for Mr Sumpter so I decided to go in.

My parents are coming home tomorrow, but only for a couple of days. I wont even notice because they're home during the day while I'm at school and they'll be away at night when I get home. Nice of them to come after 3 months - note the sarcasm. I'd prefer to be on my own as usual. I changed into my usual sweater and jeans and walked out of the house.

"Hey Millie!" I could hear Mikeys emerging footsteps. "What are you doing back, I thought you were staying over night?"

"Mikey I don't want to talk about it, okay?" I replied, pulling my sleeves down over my cold hands.

"What happened, did he hurt you?" he grabbed my arm, pulling me to a stop. I shook my head violently.

"Mikey, just leave it." Tears were now brimming my eyes, he slung an arm across my shoulders and we began walking again. I wrapped my arm around his torso, and we looked like we were hugging whilst walking.

"You can tell me anything Mills, I want you to know that."

"I know Mikey, just not now." Suddenly Mikey squatted infront of me. I knew immediately he wanted to give me a piggy back ride. I leapt onto his back and rested my chin on his shoulder as he walked.

"HEY GUYS!" Bronty yelled, hauling Gerard behind her. I glanced back and grinned at Gerard's appalled face.

"Bronty, I get you want to catch up but I haven't even woken up yet." whining, Gerard pulled up his jeans and arranged his tshirt.

Mikey stopped allowing them to catch up. After a few minutes of squealing and messing around I had forgotten all about last night and we had proceeded to hell. AKA school.