Chapter 10

We grasped the handle together, but before we could push it, it was yanked open from the other side. A scary looking figure grabbed us both by our shoulders and pulled us into a rather cramped hug.

"WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN? DO YOU KNOW I HAVE BEEN UP ALL DAMN NIGHT AND MORNING LOOKING FOR YOU? I WAS JUST ABOUT TO CALL THE POLICE!", Bronty screamed at us and we covered our ears.

Evan stared at her, his jaw clenched, and his fists rolled into tight balls. Bronty's constant shouting obviously taking its toll, on his now increasing headache. He tried to explain to her calmly where we had been all night, but she carried on screeching profanities over him. He pinched the top of his nose and closed his eyes. I couldn't help but ignore Bronty as I admired his features. Even though he was tired and a bit untidy, he was still extremely good looking. Unfortunately, he didn't see me in that way.

".....I DON'T THINK YOU KNOW HOW WORRIED WE HAVE BEEN, BILLIE COULDN'T EVEN FUNCTION TO TEXT YOU HE WAS SHAKING SO MUCH, HE BASICALLY HAD A BREAKDOWN AND AS FOR THE OTHER GUYS WELL THEY WERE -"

"- BRONTY!", she stopped as Evan cut her off, her eyes brimming tears and her bottom lip trembling. "If you stopped screaming, and listened, then we would tell you what happened." She sighed frustratedly and let us into the house. I noticed the dark circles rimming her eyes, her hair was matted and she wore the same dress from last night. I smiled weakly at her, and she avoided my gaze. Instead she marched through to the living room.

"Talk", she demanded, her voice now slighly hoarse from the shouting.

"Well last night after I threw my drink over Bronty, I took her to get cleaned up and we went to the bathroom, and I had drunk a bit too much and collapsed on the floor. Millie didn't want to leave me alone, so she stayed with me. Her phone was low on battery so she couldn't call you and obviously, she couldn't carry me by herself, so she slept on the floor next to me.", he finished and there was an awkward silence.

"I'm really sorry, I should have at least text you" I whispered.

"Yeah you should have, but at least you're both okay", she walked over to us and hugged us much more softly. "I can't say the same about the guys. They refused to go until I said I would hit them all with a frying pan unless they went home. Mikey insisted on going to the police but I said to wait it out". 

"And Billie?" I whispered.

"It was awful, it was like he was having a panic attack." My stomach sank in guilt, and I rushed out the door to find Billie.

*********

I knocked rapidly on the door. It swung open and revealed a man I could just recognise as my best friend. He lunged at me and wrapped me in his arms, squeezing me so tightly I thought I might pop. When he finally released me, he looked me sternly in the eyes.

"Don't you ever, ever, ever, ever, ever do that again. You almost scared me shitless", he whispered.

"I can explain -,"

"It doesn't matter, I'm just glad you're safe." he smiled and guided me into his house with his arm still draped around me. As he closed the door behind me, I heard him mutter, "I care about you too much."

********

After a heated 6 hours of the Jeremy Kyle Show, some weird horror movie, 3 pizzas, and 2 tubs of neopolitan icecream, I finally headed home. It was nearly 7pm so it was darkening outside. The cool air made my hairs stand on end, but luckily it was only a quick hop over the fence until I was in the warmth of my own home. I felt bad that I hadn't gone to tell the Ways that I was alright, so I decided to just pop over to let them know I was okay. It wasn't as if I had been gone for weeks but seeing as I never went anywhere without telling someone, they had a reason to be a little worried.

I gave a cheerful knock on the door and turned to face my street. It was so quiet, there was hardly any cars that came through here, which was a relief. A few shouts from inside and something crashing behind the door caused me to turn back around. I suddenly felt a bit awkward, as if I was intruding on some family disagreement. I stood twiddling my thumbs and impatiently tapping my foot on their boarded veranda. Damn, why do I always forget my coat? As the shouts became louder, I decided to wait until tomorrow. It wasn't the best idea to be standing outside, when you can hear things aren't exactly calm inside. I made my way to the gate, slightly confused as to what was happening. They seemed like such a relaxed family.

Once I reached my house I remembered tomorrow was the last day of the holiday, and My Chemical Romance were supposed to be coming back together. I wasn't sure where or when, but Mikey had invited me. I had been really looking forward to it, but after recent events I felt awkward to send a text asking about tomorrow, when they didn't even know I was alright. Once I was ready for bed, and snuggled inside, I took out my phone and began to send Mikey a text,

To MikeySwayyyy<3

I am so sorry about last night, I will explain tomorrow what happened but I wanted to tell you I was okay. I tried your house earlier but I heard shouting, is everything alright?

I didn't want to ask too many questions for the fear of being called nosey. As long as I knew they were okay, that's all I needed to know. After about 5 minutes, my phone buzzed signalling a text. I grabbed it instantly and read it,

From MikeySwayyyy<3 

I'm so glad you're okay, you had us all worried. No, things aren't great here, are you still up for tomorrow?

To MikeySwayyyy<3

Do you want to talk about it? 

Sure just name the time and place.

From MikeySwayyyy<3

Nah, wouldn't want to bore you. The starbucks on the corner at about 9:30 ish? I'll meet you outside your house? 

To MikeySwayyyy<3

Sounds great, can't wait to meet the rest of your band. :)

I switched my light off and sank further beneath the covers of my bed. I rolled my eyes as the phone buzzed again and removed my arm from the warm to reach it.

From MikeySwayyyy<3

I can't wait for them to meet you. Goodnight Millie.

I fell asleep with a smile on my face.

*******

So this was a long chapter which I meant to upload yesterday. Also a  HUGE late  HAPPY BIRTHDAY! to Gerard, yes I know it was yesterday but I was celebrating my birthday as well, so I didn't get the chance to update.

I can't believe this is already the end of chapter 10...

Anyways.. DO NOT FORGET TO... comment your suggestions / vote!