Chapter 5

I showed Mikey around the rest of my house. I wouldn't say the size was anything to shout about compared to the size of his. However, it served a place to sleep and relax so I wasn't complaining. After 15 minutes walking around my house and cleaning up the glass of a vase that Mikey had accidentally knocked off of the window sill. We collapsed on the sofa and started talking about college.

"So are you excited for college?" he asked, resting his hand in his palm.

"Sure, I guess. I've never been a fan of school"

"Who is? That's partly the reason we moved here." he broke the eye contact and looked out the window,

"What do you mean?"

"Lets just say I, well we, weren't the 'golden boys' of our last school." he grinned as he went off in a train of thought. "I guess our parents got sick of our negative attitude towards education. The only times we could rehearse was during the day. Our parents don't agree with us choosing music over school work, so there's no way we could practice after school. The hell hole caught on to us ditching class and phoned home. We were grounded. I can't believe they seriously thought a curfew would keep us from the band. So they were pissed when they found out we were sneaking out at night, and that was the last straw. We packed up and moved here" he laughed again as he glanced at his parents lounging in the sun. "Music is our life, it doesn't matter how far we move away from it. It will always be a part of us."

I was lost in thought. He was forced to move so far away from home, because of his passion for music?! I understood from Billie how much music could mean to some people. He would be lost without Green Day.

"Well. I'm sorry to say this, but screw your parents. If you seriously love it. And there's nothing else you would rather do, then why the hell shouldn't you?" he looked at me in thought and once again a smile crept onto his face.

"You're right", with a serious gaze plastered on his face he took his phone out of his pocket and tapped a few numbers in.

"Hey Gerard, are you ready to bring back My Chemical Romance?"