Where you Go, I go

Chapter sixty Four- where you go, I go

The night had turned into a drunken one, as they always seemed to. Kelsey had turned up at some point during the night, and Harley supposed Kie had invited her. She watched them from her seat on the sofa, as the two of them happily sat cross legged on the floor of the chateau, laughing. Harley watched, smirking to herself, as Kelsey tucked a piece of hair behind Kies ear, and she smiled like a proud mother.

Sarah and John B had disappeared to John Bs bedroom at some point, and Harley just assumed they were doing a lot of 'making up'. She sat back happily, and turned her attention to watch pope and Cleo playing dominos at the table, whilst JJ stood over popes shoulder watching, swigging back a beer.

Harley looked back down to the guitar in her hand, and strummed it gently to herself, more than content with life. Her friends were happy, she was happy.

JJ watched her, in her own little world, as she sat playing the guitar quietly. He smiled to himself slightly, before sitting down next to her. She stopped playing, and turned to look at him.

"Hey you" she smiled gently at him, shuffling in closer.

"Don't stop" he told her "I like listening"

She laughed gently, but placed the guitar down to the side of her "what's going on?"

"What do you mean?" He asked, looking to the floor and scratching his head.

"Today was good. It was a good day. We're gonna get Big John, we're getting the hell out of here" she laughed a little, JJ smiled, but shook his head "what?" She asked again.

"I fucked up, telling the cops about your dad" he shrugged more to himself. Harley frowned as a way of asking him to explain what he meant.

"John B got arrested. You know what that means right? It means he can't be your guardian. If we don't get big John back, you're gonna end up in foster care" he shook his head, and ran a hand through his hair.

Harley bit her bottom lip as she thought about what to say next. "We don't have to come back you know" she said it before she even thought what she was saying. He looked at her, confused.

She'd said it now. She might as well continue "we could go anywhere we wanted JJ. Just me and you" she smiled to herself "the world is this huge place, we've only seen our corner. What do you reckon the waves are like in Europe this time of year?" JJ laughed and Harley grinned back.

"Where you go I go" he said back "I'd follow you to the moon and back again" he smirked and Harley laughed. JJ pulled her on top of his lap.

"Trip to Mars?" She asked and JJ chuckled.

"Mars" JJ leaned forward, kissing her neck "Venus" he kissed her again, but lower "Jupiter" and again "I don't know anymore" he said and Harley laughed again, before he flipped her onto her back, and he hovered over her. "You'd leave them all?" He asked.

Harley fell silent and listened to the echoes of laughter bouncing off every wall of the house. Her friends. Her family. Her pogues.

"Maybe" she shrugged "not forever. If we get the gold, a surf trip would be nice. The two of us"

JJ smiled at her fondly.

"But we do have our own little bit of paradise here I guess" she said, looking around at the chateau.

"I know I have" JJ said back kissing her gently on the lips, he continued, cupping her face gently as their kiss got more passionate. Harley began to lift off her shirt when JJ suddenly pulled back.

"What?" She asked, looking at him confused. He was looking out the window. Harley followed his eyeline, as JJ jumped up from the sofa.

"What is that?" She asked, standing up too, and repositioning her shirt. She could hear the crackling. She could practically feel the heat coming from out the window. She knew exactly what it was.