Hurricane Agatha

Chapter Two- Hurricane Agatha

"What's up?" Harley tried to sound as natural as possible as she answered John Bs call whilst zipping up her Jean shorts.

"Hurricanes hitting Kildare this afternoon apparently. I reckon that's a solid reason to cancel DCS. you?" Harley could tell John B was driving and she was on speaker phone.

"Yeah sounds good" she spoke quickly as Rafe walked back in the room and she quickly raised her finger to her lip to tell him to stay quiet.

"Cool, I'm on my way home, we can hang if you want? I'm with JJ" John B asked, still non the wiser as Harley panicked.

"Erm, I'm at the beach, just caught a few waves, I'll see you at home?" Harley thought quickly, as Rafe tossed her a hoodie and she began to climb out his bedroom window, her phone pressed between her shoulder and her ear.

"I'm driving past now, we'll pick you up" John B suggested and Harley began to panic.

"No!" She said a little too quickly "no it's okay, I like the walk" she scrunched her face up on regret at her last sentence.

"Since when?" John B scoffed "it's fine I'm pulling in now, later loser" John B hung up.

"Shit" Harley scrambled out the window quickly and bounced down to the floor. She looked around quickly before moving off the Cameron property.

She pulled her phone out as it began to buzz from John B ringing for a second time and sighed as she answered.

"Yeah okay I'm not at the beach, I'll just meet you at home" she spoke quickly as she began walking at a fast pace towards the cut and away from figure eight.

"Where the hell are you?" John B half laughed but there was a sense of curiosity behind his voice, that hadn't quite reached concern yet.

"Just, you know, out" she shrugged as she continued walking quickly, almost breaking out into a run.

"Harley-" John B began.

"K bye see you at the chateau!" And Harley quickly hung up. She was going to have to think quickly before she made it home, or John B would never let it go.

"Hey!" Harley acted casual as she walked through the front door to see John B, JJ and Pope in her living room, drinking beer.

"So?" John B asked instantly raising one eyebrow at his younger sister.

"God you're so nosy" Harley rolled her eyes "here" she placed the white plastic bag she was carrying down on the table with a slight grunt and John B peered inside to see a crate of beer.

"Thought we could celebrate hurricane Aggie saving our skin" she shrugged, and John B shrugged back, non the wiser, taking a bottle and using the edge of the table to pop off the cap.

She glanced at JJ quickly who raised his eyebrows at her with a smirk. She quickly looked away, ignoring him, knowing he knew she was lying.

"Well I'm gonna have to love ya and leave ya. Got a house to board up since my dads probably out cold or something. See y'all later" JJ stood and saluted and walked out the door.

"Me and pope are gonna try catch waves later, when the storm hits" John B began.

"Correction. John B wants to try and catch waves. I will not be partaking" pope spoke, taking a beer for himself.

"You in?" John B asked but Harley shook her head.

"I prefer to not drown during a hurricane. Y'all have fun though" Harley took a beer from the crate and headed to her room.