Last one Alive

Chapter Sixty- Last One Alive

Harley and JJ leaned over either side of John B, inspecting the newspaper clipping in his hand.

"Local expedition team departs for South America" John B read the headline.

"One of these guys sowell?" JJ asked.

"Right there" John B said, pointing to the man in the photo. All three of them looked at the photo for a moment, this group of people, smiling. They were happy. Then they died. They all died going after the same thing the pogues were after.

"Oh my god" John B said suddenly, still staring at the photo "oh my god" he repeated, looking up to his sister and his best friend.

"What?" Harley frowned.

"Neville" John B said.

"Who the fucks Neville?" Harley shook her head, looking over to JJ who only shrugged.

"The last thing sowell said to me was Neville" John B explained.

"Neville meaning..." JJ said, looking back down at the clipping.

"Right there" John B pointed to one of the men in the photo.

"Neville persuad" JJ read his full name out "expedition guide"

Suddenly all their faces grew into one of revelation.

"So sowell said five people on the expedition right?" John B began connecting the dots, lifting up his hand, each finger representing a person on the expedition. "three of those died, which leaves us with two" he said, lowering three of his fingers.

"Sowell" JJ said, pushing down another of John Bs fingers.

"Neville" Harley nodded, pointing to the only remaining finger raised on John Bs hand.

"He's the last one alive" JJ nodded.

"I think sowell wanted me to warn him" John B sighed.

"We need to find Neville" JJ nodded at the other two.

"Guys Kie is expecting me at this party" Harley said, rubbing her head. As much as she was enjoying the whole 'solving mysteries' again with her two boys, she also did not feel like disappointing the only friend that was a girl she had (besides Sarah).

"Harley this is my Dad. That's two lives at risk her, my dad and Neville. Are you seriously gonna bail for a party?" John B frowned down at his sister. She sighed and checked her phone for the time. She glanced to JJ.

"He's right" JJ half shrugged.

"Fine" Harley shook her head, shoving her phone back into her pocket "but if I end up dead because of you morons Kie will be so mad and I'll kill you both" she said, as the three of them rushed out the door.

"That's fair" JJ nodded as they raced to the van.

"That's impossible" John B added.

"Fine. I'll just haunt the shit out of you" Harley shrugged as they piled into the Twinkie.

***

John B pulled up to the address JJ had given them and Harley was not feeling hopeful. She waited and sighed in the back of the Twinkie as John B pulled the door back for her and she hopped out. She sent her brother a glance, and he returned her the same one, and she grew more hopeful that she wasn't the last remaining one out of the three of them to still have at least a few brain cells.

"So let me get this right" John B turned to JJ "you know a guy with the same last name as Neville. You think they've got to be related, that's your master plan?"