Well Well Well

Chapter Seventeen- Well Well Well

Harley climbed through the splintered door after her brother, her torch in her mouth as she used both hands to move through as quietly as possible.

"Here we go" John B muttered as he offered a hand out to his sister to help her down. Harley took her torch from her mouth and shon it around the room. Even she could admit it was quiet creepy, but that factor only filled her with more of a thrill.

"Down came mrs Crain and chopped off all our heads, up came the sun and dried up all the blood" JJ sang in the tune of incy wincy spider as he climbed down last, Harley rolled her eyes as she inspected the dust covered furniture that had been long forgotten and left for the moths.

"Can you stop?" Pope snapped, turning and shining his torch in JJ's face.

Harley moved over to a children's cot, covered in cob webs, and a few spiders, some dead and some alive, along with a kids toy doll, sat upright in its own smaller version of the cot.

"That's haunted" Harley muttered to herself, moving far away from the doll.

"Do you see any water?" Kie asked the group and received no reply "another dead end?" She sighed.

"There's not even water on the pipes" JJ muttered, raising his hand and feeling along the steel pipes above their heads, before dropping his hand back down to his side in disappointment.

"There's no water here" pope broke it to them, turning to John B.

"Not a dropamino" JJ agreed.

"Maybe we should go in the house. You know, maybe mrs Crain-" Harley began.

"Not a chance" JJ cut her off before she even had chance to explain.

"Maybe mrs Crain found it years ago, and that's what her and her husband argued about, he wanted to split it, she wanted to keep it for herself, so she killed him. Boom. Motive" Harley clicked and pointed at JJ, who smirked slightly.

"You're cute when you're concocting" JJ smiled lightly.

"You're delusional when you're concocting" pope corrected the blonde.

"Do you know why we didn't find anything?" Kie pointed her question at John B, ignoring the other threes rambling "bad karma" kie said simply, and Harley took a step back to watch the argument that was inevitably about to happen unfold.

"This should be good" JJ whispered to her.

"Oh here we go" John B muttered more to himself as he rolled his eyes.

"You know we had a good thing going, and then you decided to rope in Barbie, and now the trails gone dry. Coincidence? Probably not" kie shrugged, and John B sighed heavily as he attempted not to lose his patience.

"This is exactly why I didn't wanna tell you about Sarah" John B said, taking a step close to kie and she matched it.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah" John B nodded "what's the deal? What's going on with you two?"

"Nothing!" Kie insisted.

"Nothing? Is it because I kissed you, is that the problem?" John B asked and Harley immediately knew he'd pushed it, before Kies hand lifted and slapped John B across the face.

"Oh!" Pope let out a gasp, as Harley struggled to hold in a laugh.

"Oh shit that echoed dude" JJ laughed slightly.

"Stop treating me like I'm some girl that's obsessed with you, instead of your best friend that's actually trying to look out for you" kie told John B sternly.