Chapter 64 - School

ابدأ من البداية

Soon, everything would go back to normal.

The good thing about gossips here, were that they never cared enough to make it last long. That was why, I was persuaded that the most curious ones about me would go back to their usual conversations within this hour.

I sat between Angela and Jessica, who I had already met in the English class we shared together this morning.

Eric and I had been the last ones to join the round table with three Cullens, Angela, Jessica, Mike and Bella.

Tyler and Lauren who were still together, had found other friends to eat with a long time ago.I never felt better than I did in this moment, when I unconsciously sat in front of Edward. It was as if, my body was finally functioning properly.

Again, the imprint.

I avoided looking at him for my own sake, as the last thing I wanted was to lose myself in his eyes with no way to escape.

"Have you sent your announcements, yet ?" Angela asked, including me in the conversation she was having with the others.

"No. I'd have to be sure I graduate first. It doesn't look good on my side." I confessed.

"Don't be so pessimistic. I'll give you my notes on the classes you missed. We can study together if you want."

Contrarily to Jessica and I, Angela was good at scientific subjects. Maybe it wasn't a bad idea to study together.

"Count me in, too." Jessica intervened. "Please."

"Of course, Jess." Angela chuckled. "You guys can come over today."

I nodded, enthusiastic to go somewhere else than my house, Sam's place or the woods.I wasn't on patrol today and Quil's, Seth's and Leah's training wasn't until Wednesday, so I had no excuse to not focus on preparing the finals.

I was suddenly reminded of one detail : Edward had access to my thoughts.

One of our rules was to keep the pack's activities between the members of the pack. Emily was the exception since she lived where we all gathered most of the time to speak of our next moves. Therefore, I couldn't allow myself to think about the pack at school, at least when he was there.

So, I started singing a Backstreet boys' song as I took my first bite, in an attempt to keep my thoughts private.

"How about you Alice ? Have you sent yours, yet ?" Angela asked her.

"All done." Alice answered, and although I didn't look up to see her face expression, I could hear the smile in her answer.

"Lucky you." Angela sighed. "My mother has a thousand cousins and she expects me to hand-address one to everybody."

"I can help, if you don't mind." Alice volunteered.

Angela looked relieved, but then her eyes quickly flickered to mine as if to check my approbation, but I just continued eating.

"That's so nice of you..."

I was quickly thrown into another topic when Jessica nudged my sides with her elbow.

"Are you going to prom this weekend ?" She asked me. "Have you even had the time to look for a dress ?"

"I haven't. I'm not going this year." I answered. "I promised myself I'd stay focused until the end of the year. This is surely not the right time for me to party."

"Oh, just one night is okay."

"At this rate, if I take this one night, I'll be attending prom next year too, Jess."