Chapter 3

I gulped before raising my head to look around me

I gulped before raising my head to look around me. The table was nearly filled with people all around it. Their eyes looking upon me with mistrust as I shrank into my seat further. I wasn't sure what I had gotten myself into. But I knew it couldn't have been anything good. Suddenly, my hood was ripped off my head catching a few stray hairs in the process. I yelped and threw my hands over my head before throwing the man responsible a dirty look.

"Yunho that was unnecessarily rough." A man to my right murmured.

He was slim, dressed in a nice dark blue overcoat that offset his pink hair beautifully. Staring at the room full of men, it was hard to not notice just how overwhelmingly attractive they all were. I tugged my cloak tighter around my small frame, knuckles turning white as I tried to keep my hands from shaking and betraying just how scared I was. Yunho scoffed and leaned down to meet my eyes.

"I'll ask again. Who are you? What are you doing here?" his dark eyes penetrated me turning my mouth dry as it opened and closed trying to formulate some kind of response.

A hand smacked down on the tabletop making me jump. The man sat at the head of the table glaring hatefully at me. His silver hair was styled into an undercut, the longer strands pulled back into a ponytail.

"Speak woman. While we're still being nice." He spat narrowing his eyes.

"You are all so terrifying. Don't you know women respond best to gentleness?" another spoke up tossing a half grin to me.

He was dressed extravagantly in a bright purple silk top, his jacket thrown over the seat behind him as he lazily reclined in it. Long dirty blonde hair was swept back from his face showing off his sharp features.

"I-I didn't mean to intrude. I thought this place was empty." I stuttered trying to catch my bearings.

A scoff left Yunho as he leaned back against the table in front of me crossing his arms disbelievingly.

"You expect me to believe that you just stumbled in here by accident?"

"It's true! I was being-" I cut myself off chewing on my bottom lip.

Should I say I was running from those men? What if they were associated with them? My eyes flit from person to person suspiciously. Most of them wore clothes that could pass them off as regular townspeople, but anyone with eyes could see that they were well off. They were too put together and their auras radiated power and dominance. It didn't take a genius to figure out that these men were important people. The last thing in the world I needed was an excuse for another group of people to come after me.

"I apologize for disturbing you. I really did think this place was empty. I can get out of your hair now." I mumbled ducking my head and attempting to stand up, but I was roughly seated again by a hand on my shoulder.

The manhandling was starting to get on my nerves. I cast my sharp gaze to Yunho who still loomed over me. He crossed his arms in front of him again.