Chapter 4

A sudden hush fell over the room as everyone's eyes settled on us

A sudden hush fell over the room as everyone's eyes settled on us. Or more accurately...me. The heavy thump of boots broke the silence as Yunho stormed his way across the room. He pulled my wrist from Yeosang as he gazed down at my palm.

"Ow!" I grumbled trying to break his grip.

His eyes really looked like bottomless pits of darkness as they flickered between my palm and my face.

"How did you get this?" he asked.

"I don't know. It just appeared. You're hurting me."

He released me and I hugged my hand closer to my chest again hoping they would all stop staring. No such luck.

"Is it possible?" Yunho asked Yeosang.

"It's highly unusual for someone else to have an identical mark." He mumbled casting glances between the two of us.

"Do we have any way to prove it?"

"It's the real deal." Mingi stated breaking off their conversation.

"How do you know?" Yunho asked raising a brow in his direction.

"Her hand started hurting right after she cut me."

All eyes whipped towards me again after Mingi's confession. I was confused. I didn't know what the burn on my hand had to do with these men, but I also wasn't curious enough to find out. I needed to get back home to my mom to let her know we weren't safe and standing here with these men was just wasting precious time.

"Please just let me go. I have to get back home. It's not safe for-"

"Is it true?" Yunho cut me off.

"What?"

"Your hand. Did you experience pain after you cut Mingi?"

"Well yes, but-"

"Then it is her." He huffed cutting me off again.

"What do we do now?" the dirty-blonde headed man turned to look at the rest of the group.

"Isn't it obvious? She comes with us." A man with vibrant red hair spoke for the first time since meeting them.

Those words made my blood run cold. I couldn't go with them. I backed away further into the corner.

"No, wait. I can't go with you."

"I'm afraid you don't have a choice." Yunho rolled his eyes.

Feeling absolutely helpless in this situation my anger bubbled out of me. How dare these men think they can do whatever they want with me.

"I'm not going anywhere with you." I spat at Yunho.

If it were even possible, his eyes darkened even more as he took one step towards me. Before he could advance too far however, San grasped his shoulder to pull him back.

"Whoa everyone calm down and let's talk about this."

"What's there to talk about? In the end she's coming with us whether she wants to or not." The silver-haired man scoffed.

"We can start by explaining things." San tried reasoning with them.

"Or we can take her and get the hell out of here before more of those thugs show up. Jongho let one of them get away so he's probably on his way with reinforcements. Remember we don't know why they were after her and more could show up at any second." Yunho turned back to me.

I didn't miss the sharp glare the red-haired man threw to Yunho. He must be Jongho.

"We're not kidnapping her." Yeosang argued stepping in front of me as if he were shielding me from the rest of them.

San came around Yeosang and set a warm hand on my shoulder.

"Do you know why those men were after you?"

I nodded silently watching Yunho and the silver-haired man closely. My gut was telling me not to trust them. Especially with the two of them speaking so casually about kidnapping me. As San stood waiting for my answer, I took a shaky breath before meeting his eyes.

"Please. I have to get back to my mother. Since they know I'm here, they'll find her too."

San nodded making eye contact with Yeosang.

"Listen. We can't stay here. If we can guarantee the safety of you and your mother will you come with us willingly?" Yeosang asked.

My eyes flit from him to San and then the rest of them. I didn't know them, but I knew they were more than capable of defending themselves and me. I wasn't questioning their physical ability, but I was questioning their loyalty. I didn't know yet why they wanted me and at any moment they could decide I wasn't worth the trouble any longer.

But you don't really have a choice. Those men will be back. It's only a matter of time before they find you again.

I knew I didn't have many choices and as much as I hated to admit it, these men were my best option at present. I didn't trust them, but I needed to get mom somewhere safe. I swept my gaze back to Yeosang.

"You can make sure we're both safe?" I asked searching his eyes for any sign of deceit.

He nodded resolutely. I suppose that was my answer.

"Okay."

The second the word left my lips the men all visibly relaxed to a degree.

"Excellent. Let's get going then." Yunho said sarcastically.

"Wait." I stopped them before everyone left the room.

They all turned back to me. I didn't miss the eye roll Yunho threw my way.

"No take backs spitfire. You already agreed." The silver-haired man said smugly.

"No, I'm not taking back my decision. I just- I want to know where we're going."

"Is that important? We're getting you and your mother to safety. That's all that should matter." Jongho's tone was sharp and meant to eliminate argument.

Before I could protest Yunho held up his hand.

"We're wasting time. We'll discuss it while we're moving." He jerked his head toward the door signaling to everyone else it was time to go.

I sighed in defeat figuring it was better for me to not push my luck. I donned my cloak, the other eight men doing the same before we head out into the streets.

"Mingi and I will go get her mother. The rest of you head back to the inn with spitfire and we'll meet you there."

"What? No! I'm going with you." I said taking a step in their direction.

Before I could make it very far, Yeosang placed a hand on my shoulder.

"It's best for them to go alone in case you're being followed. Besides, in the event a fight does break out its hard enough keeping track of one person let alone two."

I chewed my bottom lip worriedly. I couldn't argue that he was right. If a fight did break out I wouldn't be able to defend myself and I also couldn't live with myself if I put mother in danger by leading those thugs to her. I sighed before meeting the gaze of Mingi and the man with locks of silver.

"Please take care of her." I whispered defeatedly.

"You have my word." Mingi nodded with a bow.

I gave them directions to our house and in the next second they were gone.