48

3rd person pov:

Kara, Cat and Max went to Cat's office. "Do Kryptonians gloat? Cause I'll bet wherever he is, ol' Uncle Non is feeling pretty good about himself." Max said.

"Why am i not surprised that your brain is intact, Max? What is it they say? Only cockroaches will survive the apocalypse." Cat said.

"Happy to see you too, Cat. You look lovely, considering the end of nigh." Max said.

"Why weren't you affected?" Supergirl asked Max.

"Ion blockers." Max then pointed at the device by his ear. "I realized the Kryptonians were using my LTE interface system. That's why they broke into my lab over Christmas. They're using my satellites to send neural signals directly into the minds of everyone in National City. These scramble the signal before they reach my brain." Max added.

"If you invented technology that blocks Myriad, why didn't you give it to the DEO?" Supergirl asked angry at Max.

"Once Henshaw and his trusted girl Friday stepped down, i had no one at the DEO to trust." Max said.

"Well, clearly, not everybody needs this ear-wig thingy, because i don't have one and my brain is perfectly intact." Cat said.

"I see you got the earrings i sent you last night." Max said pointing at the earrings.

"Oh. I get it. Ion blockers in the diamonds? Mm, so many karats and yet so functional." Cat hummed.

Max chuckled "didn't seem right for the world to lose Cat Grant's mind." Max said. "Speaking of, where is your faithful assistant? Out marching with the masses?" Max asked making Cat sigh.

"Don't be glib, Max. Probably should be worried about her." Cat defended Kara.

"If it only targets humans, why was my cousin affected?" Supergirl asked.

"Nature versus nurture. He may be an alien but your cousin grew up on Earth. Seems like environmental factors, being raised by ordinary people, made his brain more human." Max explained. "The Man of Steel brought to his knees all because he went to kindergarten and watched Sesame Street." Max said then chuckled.

"You think this is funny?" Supergirl asked in disbelief.

"Everything i have feared had come to pass. I couldn't be more serious." Max said.

"We have to stop them. They're using your satellites. Can't you reprogram them and destroy Myriad from the inside?" Supergirl asked.

"I tried. There's some pretty epic force fields around those satellites at the moment." Max said.

"You're always 10 steps ahead, Max. I know you have a plan." Cat said.

"Of course i do. We kill them all."

______

I'm going to make another supergirl book in my 2nd account.