7

Y/n's pov:

Me and Kara and Alex were at Noonan's, Kara was getting coffee for my mother and i decided to visit my mother.

Kara and Alex did most the talking, while i was just listening.

We got to Noonan's and me and Alex leaned on the wall and waited for Kara.

"Hi. Is Miss Grant's latte ready?" Kara asked

"I'm sorry." A male voice spoke to Kara making me and Alex look up a little to listen.

"Excuse me?" Kara said

"I said, I'm sorry. That you have to work for Cat Grant. I hear she's a piece of work." He said following Kara to the other side of the counter.

"A reputation she proudly fosters." Kara walked back to counter waiting on the latte.

"Is she really as horrible as everyone says? You know, breathes fire. Eats babies." He said following Kara back to the other counter.

"Miss Grant is tough, but she's amazing. Not only at her job, but as a person. She's pretty badass." Kara said

"Does she pay you to say all that?" He asked

"No. Well, maybe one day you'll meet her and form your own opinion, instead of listening to rumors." Kara said looking at guy.

"She's very lucky to have you" the guy said making Kara chuckle a little. There was a short silence that only broke once Alex spoke.

"I think that latte's ready." Alex said breaking the silence between the two making him turn to us. The guy stood up straight once he noticed me.

"Y/n. I didn't you were in National City. I missed you" He said walking up to me with a grin on his face. The Danvers sisters turned to look at us.

"Believe it or not, I'm actually here to visit mother." I said and standing up straight. "What are you doing in National City?" I noticed the two sisters looking at me weirdly.

"I got her letter. Did you too?" He asks pulling out a piece of paper. I looked at Kara knowing she was the one who finished that letter then looked back at my brother.

"No." Was all i could say. I then looked at the Danvers sisters. "Guys meet my brother, Adam. Adam meet Kara and Alex." They all greeted eachother either a small wave or a smile.

"I should get going." Adam said then left. Me and Kara got to CatCo while Alex had work to do at the DEO.

Kara had a meeting to attend, so i waited in my mother's office. Few minutes later Adam was there.

"Hey, where's mom?" He asks walking up to me.

"Mother is in a meeting." I turned to him then stood up. "You've grown. Last time i saw you, you were 18." I said tilting my head a little.

I walked up to the balcony admiring the bright sky. "Y/n, Adam?" We heard a female voice speak from behind.

We turned around and saw our mother. "Hi." Adam said.

"Hi." She said probably not believing what she was seeing right now.

"I'm sorry to show up while you're working." Adam said while i just stood quiet.

"That's.. that's not a problem. That's not a problem at all. I- are you okay?" She asked "But, why? Why? Why today?"she asked this time making Adam chuckle.

"I got your letter." He pulled out the same piece of paper half written by our mother and half was by Kara. But he didn't have to know that.

"My letter. Of course." She chuckled then turned to Kara who had a nervous smile on but left ang went back to her desk. Our mother then faced us again with a smile.

"And Y/n. Is something wrong, are you and Carter okay?" She asked with a worried tone.

"Yeah. Yeah we're okay. I just figured i would visit you. See how you were doing." I smiled a bit

"I'm okay. Thank you. Well, I am so glad that you're both here." She said.

"Actually, why don't you and Adam catch up while i talk to Kara. She's doing an amazing job at keeping Carter safe and happy, by the way." I said trying to help Kara.

I left the office and went to Kara's desk. "You're in so much trouble." I said sitting down on one of the extra chairs by Kara's desk.

"Don't have to remind me that. I could get fired!" She said whispering loud enough for me to hear.

"I reminded her on how you did a amazing job being Carter's babysitter. So you should be okay." I said slightly joking.

Adam then walked out of the office saying "Have your cheerleader email me." and a few seconds later my mother's voice was heard. "Ker-ah!" She shouted.

"Or not. Goodluck" i said with a thumbs up.

"I am so dead." She said to me then walked in my mother's office.