20

Kara's pov:

We left the DEO and went to our assigned locations. I see Non and fly to him knocking hon down on the ground and pinning him.

"Do you have any idea what you did to me? You made me lose them again!" I said then punched Non "my parents! My whole world!" I screamed at Non then punched him over and over again. "And you think that I'm gonna let you take this world away from me, too?" I choke Non and brought him to his knees. " You think I'm gonna let you hurt them like you hurt me? Never!"

I punched him over and over again. At this rate i didn't care if i can kill him right there. I wanted to kill him. I lost my parents again because of him. I had to feel that same pain because of him.

I throw Non on the floor again. I see people come out of the building while Non presses something on the tablet he has. "Stay back!" I yelled to the civilians.

I use my speed and punch him again. This time he didn't fall down. "You stupid girl. Have you any idea what you're doing?" He said.

"Yes, I'm stopping you." I said.

"Your mother believed she could, but she failed."

"I won't. Because I've known pain. But I've also known love." I punched him again this time to make him fall down. "And the people here are my family. I may have been born on Krypton, but i choose Earth. And i will protect it until my last breath."

"You have the hubris of the great House of El, which blinds you to the truth. Humanity is a disease. Myriad is the cure." He said standing up.

Myriad? Before i could react he used his laser eyes at me. "You are getting better, Kara Zor-El. But i will not be dying today." He said then shot at one of the satellites.

Before it falls i fly up to it and lift it. "Kara, get over here now. It's Astra." I hear Alex say through comms.

I fix the satellites before flying to where Alex is. I landed and see my aunt on the floor.

"What happened?" I said walking up to Alex.

"There was a fight." Alex said before J'onn walks up to me.

"I killed her. I'm sorry, but i could see no other way." J'onn said.

"Kara she doesn't have long." Knelt down on the floor where my aunt was.

"Hello, little one. I'm so happy to see your sister was able to bring you back." Astra said gasping for air.

"Astra, i have to tell you, when i was under the Black Mercy, you were there." I sobbed.

"As you enemy." Astra said but i shook my head no. I could feel my tears wanting to get out.

"As my family." My voice broke.

"Kara.. Kara, listen to me. Non cannot be stopped. If you stand his way, he will kill you and those you love." My aunt placed both her hands on each of my cheeks.

A single tear fell. "He said something about Myriad. Tell me, tell me what it is before it is too late. Please." I begged my aunt.

"It already is, little one." She said with her last breath. And there i sat. Crying. Losing another of my family.

"Kara.. Kara, we have to go." I heard my sister say. I didn't want to leave. But i knew i had to.

I stood up as J'onn and Alex run to the helicopter. I take one last look of my aunt before leaving along with tears falling as i flew.

I didn't want to go back to the DEO and face J'onn. So the only thing on my mind was, Y/n.

I used my X-ray vision on Y/n's house. There were a few people in there working. I see Y/n in her bedroom sitting on her bed, reading. I then notice that her balcony door was open. I landed on her balcony.

Y/n's pov:

I heard something on my balcony and when i turned to look, it was Kara. She was still in her Supergirl suit, but i nodded that her eyes were puffy and red. I realized she was crying. "I'm sorry for dropping in on you.. i just." She sniffled.

"You don't need to explain." I then gestured for her to come in and she instantly went in and hugged me.

Sobs were released and i just held her close as she broke down in my arms. I stroked her hair. We sat there for 20 minutes until she calmed down.

"You want to stay?" I asked her. She looked up at me. "And don't worry. I don't mind." I reassured her.

"Okay.." she whispered. I didn't want Kara to be alone in some guest room so i let her stay in my room.

We slept inches apart from eachother for privacy, but i woke up in the middle of the night hearing shivering and some sniffles. So i pulled her close to me and she instantly placed her arm around my waist pulling herself even closer to me.

We ended up falling asleep cuddling. I knew it wasn't the right time, but i could literally feel butterflies wanting to emerge.

______

This was kinda cute and sad at the same time.