10

Kara's pov:

We were in the DEO watching other me throw the car into a mountain on the monitors trying to figure out who she is.

"Not exactly one for your greatest hits reel." Hank- J'onn joked.

"I sent a team to scan the area. No signs of extraterrestrial activity, so we can probably rule out an alien shapeshifter." Alex said then turned to J'onn "Unless there's something you're not telling us."

"The skirt was surprisingly comfortable, but no." J'onn said walking up to the table in the middle of the room

"Who could she be? Is it a clone?" I asked following J'onn to the table.

"Unlikely. Even if an enemy had harvested you DNA when you came out as Supergirl, the embryo would still be in gestation." Alex said who walked up next to me.

"What about Maxwell Lord?" I asked. J'onn mentioned to us about some girl in his lab when he broke in.

"Could he had something to do with the young woman you saw when you broke into his lab?" Alex asked J'onn

"She was comatose, her cerebral cortex functioning was almost non-existent. Bringing her back to even partial consciousness would be like raising the dead."J'onn replied

"Are you sure?"

"Maxwell Lord does have a God complex. But he's not an actual God" J'onn then walked away after that.

I got to CatCo for work then spotted Winn on his desk working. "Winn, Ms. Grant scheduled a content meeting in her office, but after that, we need to meet." I said to Winn.

"Is this about that truck you threw into a mountain?" Winn whispered only for me to hear.

"Yes, but.." i then cleared my throat then continued "that was not me." I whispered.

"Nope. No, not interested." Winn said then cleared his throat sinking back into his chair.

"Okay, fine, I'm interested. Who was it?" Winn whispered turning to me.

I smiled "does this mean I'm on a planet where you're talking to me again?" I said slightly joking then heard the elevator bell ding.

I then realized that i forgot Ms. Grant's latte. I rushed to Ms. Grant's side "Ms. Grant, I'm sorry, if you'll just give me a minute, I'll go get.." i then paused once i saw what Ms. Grant was holding. Her latte. "Your latte." I finished looking at her confused.

"Oh, i had a little extra time this morning, so i stopped and got my own. Oh and i almost forgot," Ms. Grant then turned to me "I picked one up for you, too. Spiced pumpkin with extra foam and a little cinnamon sprinkled on top." She held her hand out that had the latte holder. I was still confused but grabbed the latte from the holder.

"That's actually my go-to." I said and Ms. Grant just smiled then walked back to her office. I smelled the latte making sure it wasn't poisoned or anything. And it wasn't.

Y/n's pov:

I was in a meeting discussing about Kara- well Supergirl throwing the car.

"I want Sam and Kamila on this project, the others go back to work." I said to my employee's before dismissing them.

I sighed then sat down on my chair as my employee's leave my office.

Kara's pov:

Once we left Ms. Grant's office, we went to a room that only me, Winn, and James use. I then got a text from Adam saying "Can't wait to see you tonight" making me chuckle a little and blush.

I then turned to James and Winn. James had a weird look on his face. "Who was that text from?" James asked

"No one I-i" i said stuttering then looked back down on my phone.

"You are blushing." Winn said making me chuckle.

"I am not, it's hot in here. You guys aren't hot?" I lied.

"You're lying. I can tell, there's a thing that you do with your nose." Winn said then pointed to his nose

"Was it a guy?" James asked

"If you must know, it's a text from Adam, confirming our date tonight." I gave in and told the truth.

"Adam Foster?" Winn asked and i nodded in response. "You're going on a date with Cat Grant's son?" I nodded again

"And who asked who out?" James said making a little gesture with his hands.

"Adam asked me, actually." I said

"That's great" James said while nodding.

"It is?" I asked raising a brow.

"Yeah. I mean, you know, he seems like a terrific guy" James said.

"You've never even met him." Winn said to James

"But i saw him, and you can tell he's good to people." James then stood up moments after "I actually have to get back upstairs though. Have a great time tonight." James said then left

It was around 7 pm. I'm on a date with Adam and we were just talking.
"So, apparently, my mom got us a table at Mario Batali's new restaurant." Adam said

"No, she didn't. Who do you think makes all her dinner reservations?" I said to Adam. "Me." We laughed "i mean she asked me to call, but i just had a feeling that place wouldn't be quite your style. Our style" i corrected myself then took a sip of my drink.

"You're amazing." Adam said.

I placed my drink down then responded "No, I'm not." I shook my head no

"Yeah, you are." He said.

"No." I denied and shook my head no again.

"Yeah. Not just anybody would have sent me that letter." He said with a small smile

"Sure they would." I said with a slight smile.

"No." He shook his head a little "No. Most people wouldn't have cared. You're different Kara. You see people. You understand them. And it makes me wish i could.." Adam stopped

"It makes you wish what? Tell me." I said making both of us smile.

"It make me wish i could get the chance to do that for you." Adam said. There was a long pause before Adam spoke again. "Was that too much?" Adam asked

"No. No, i think that would be really nice." I said then heard a male reporter on the TV making me turn to the TV listening to the reporter.

"The national Island Tramway is dangling, leaving passengers stranded and in peril. NCPD and emergency rescue workers are en route but eye witness accounts suggest they may not get there in time."

"I'm sorry. I have to go." I said standing up.

"You're bailing?" Adam asked with a slight confused face

"No. I'm having the best time, I really am. My grandma, she fell. And i have to get to the hospital." I said lying about the grandma thing.

"I'll go with you" Adam then stood up picking up his jacket that was on the chair.

"No, it's okay. Stay, stay. It's alright. I'm really sorry." I said then left the restaurant leaving Adam there.

And for some reason i felt a slight relief.